Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED)
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED is supporting man-made and natural disasters-affected populations in Somalia by delivering emergency aid and strengthening their resilience. Somalia has been experiencing recurrent humanitarian crisis for more than 20 years; ACTED teams have been deployed for over 10 years with ongoing relief programming being carried out in the North as well as in the South (Lower Juba, Bay, Sanaag and Gedo Regions). Projects are designed according to the populations’ needs and include activities related to water, sanitation and hygiene, food security and livelihoods, lifesaving cash transfer programmes, camp coordination and camp management, as well as shelter and non-food items activities.
You will be in charge of
The Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer is responsible for developing and implementation of appropriate and viable appraisal, monitoring and evaluation systems that are in line with the ACTED’s global AME procedures and contributing to ensuring that ACTED’s projects and programs perform as planned.
Implementation and Management of M&E Systems
- Contribute to the development and updating of the M&E country strategy, consolidation of the M&E work plan and M&E framework for all ongoing projects;
- Ensure that M&E observations/conclusions are taken into account and recommendations are incorporated into future concept notes, project proposals, and implementation plans;
- Implement M&E policies and procedures as outlined in ACTED’s standard M&E technical guides and ensure that tools are used as recommended;
- Contribute to the effective deployment of M&E collection and reporting systems for all staff and partners through trainings, site visits, manuals, and as many technical supports as needed.
Technical Systems Development
- Develop terms of reference and mission plans and conduct surveys, monitoring and evaluations;
- Develop analytical tools, methodology and data/information dissemination/use plans;
- Closely supervise data collection and ensure that data collection teams are organized and documented as necessary;
- Ensure that data collected is securely stored in databases;
- Measure and report qualitative and quantitative data on processes, outcomes, deliverables, impact, target and performance indicators for all projects;
- Provide data to Project Development teams for use in reporting;
- Contribute to donor project proposals and funding efforts.
- Contribute to the proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through M&E activities to Project Managers, Technical Coordinators, and Project Development Managers and Officers;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating training sessions to capture best practices and lessons learned.
Contribute to the Beneficiary Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Contribute to the implementation of the Beneficiary Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) in line with ACTED’s standard CRM procedures;
- Oversee proper management of the central CRM database;
- Work on the understanding and ability of ACTED teams, partners and contractors to rely on beneficiary accountability and CRM procedures.
- Participate in conferences and workshops related to M&E when possible and keep up to date on best practices and new knowledge in the M&E sector;
- Perform any other related activity as assigned by the direct manager.
Expected skills and qualifications
- University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics);
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience in humanitarian and/or development organisations;
- Experience with participatory appraisals and project cycle management encouraged;
- Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff and rural communities;
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and work independently and under pressure;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills in English;
- Knowledge of the region an asset;
- Familiarity with basic office software programs.
Terms of reference
For more information about the position, click here .
- Salary between 1700 and 1900€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]) or below, including the reference: MEALO/SOM
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.