Are you looking for an excellent opportunity to work with a faith-based non-profit organization? Lutheran Hospice is currently recruiting for a full-time RN Case Manager.
We are seeking someone who is a compassionate, dedicated, and caring professional to join our team!
- Manage patient needs and responding to caregiver concerns as needed, to ensure comfort and care
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice Interdisciplinary Team Members to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Licensed to practice as a RN in the State of South Carolina with a license in good standing
- Maintain a current CPR certification and valid SC driver’s license.
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience required in an acute care setting or home healthcare setting
- Management experience not required but supervisory skills needed. Responsible for supervising hospice aides
- Detailed oriented and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Lutheran Homes of South Carolina is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- RN (Required)
Work Location: On the road
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.