We have a very clear mission at Legacy: to make life better for our patients, our community and each other. We show it every day, in everything we do. At Legacy, we have a fundamental responsibility to improve the wellness of everyone we touch and empower people to live healthier lives. If you are interested in joining a team that is making a difference, we would like to talk with you.
Legacy Health is currently seeking an experienced Hospitalist to join our dynamic and well-established Mount Hood team.
- Provides prompt and efficient medical care, including call coverage, to patients assigned to inpatient service of the Department of Medicine as scheduled.
- Performs duties at the professional level of quality and efficiency established by Hospital.
- Collaborates with Emergency Department Clinical Staff to determine the most appropriate site of care for individual patients.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing and administrative staff to maximize cost-effective use of clinical resources.
- Provides prompt and clear communication about patients’ admission, condition changes and discharge to clinicians responsible for outpatient care.
- Participates as a team member at patient care conferences.
- May manage the care of patients in critical care units with Intensivist support.
- Collaborates with Medical Director in scheduling.
- Employment is to the Legacy Health organization, as a whole, and therefore provides cross-coverage at other Legacy hospitals may be required.
- Supervises patient care delivered by house-staff, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and others as requested.
- Prepares accurate and timely documentation of patient care to maximize Hospital’s accurate billing and collection of services.
Qualification and Licensure Requirements
- Graduate of a 4-year Medical School or equivalent and completed Internal Medicine residency.
- Board certified or board eligible in internal medicine.
- Unrestricted Oregon Medical license.
- Current ACLS certification from the American Heart Association
- Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.
Benefits of Working for Legacy
- A nonprofit that serves the community.
- Community leader in providing healthcare and healthcare related services to the underserved.
- Full compensation and benefits package to include competitive salary, relocation assistance, CME allowance, full medical plan, malpractice coverage, retirement and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled. Sorry, no J1 or H-1B visa opportunities.
For additional information please formally apply or contact Forrest Brown at [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.