Inter-American Development Bank
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position:
We are looking for a results-oriented HR Business Partner with experience and in-depth knowledge to advise on talent processes and practices, design, implement and lead HR initiatives, and provide direction on sophisticated organizational change efforts. As an HR Business Partner, you will serve as a key liaison and promoter of a wide range of HR-related initiatives, programs and services, connecting business needs with the HR service portfolio.
You will work in the Human Resources Department (HRD), which is responsible for the administration and development of the IDB Group. The main functions of the Department include managing the entire employee lifecycle, implementing the People Strategy as well as programs that support the IDB’s results-based business model. HRD is also dedicated to realizing its mission of delivering human-centered experiences and strategically partnering with professionals passionate about improving lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Working with us, you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all kinds of development fields.
The HR Business Partner will collaborate with other colleagues in HRD to provide a valuable service that reflects the organization’s strategic objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with business leaders to anticipate, prevent and tackle talent-related issues, bringing an outside-in HR perspective, and understanding customer expectations.
- Advise people managers in all aspects of the HR function, including recruitment, performance management, training, separations and overall workforce and succession planning.
- Provide timely technical guidance to departments on the implementation and interpretation of HR policies and programs and advise on organizational change.
- Promote alignment of HR program implementation by developing working relationships with centers of excellence within HRD.
- Analyze data and metrics to promote data-driven decision-making, ensuring alignment with corporate objectives and goals.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all labor relations matters, with guidance and coordination from the Labor Relations team, guiding clients on policy interpretation for employee-related matters.
- Work under the limited supervision of others and as a member of a multidisciplinary team, coordinating work within and beyond the HRBP team.
What you’ll need:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Psychology, or related field.
- You have 4 years of experience in an international business environment as a human resources generalist or in a business partner role in areas such as: administration of human resources programs, workforce planning, client advice, implementation of human resources policies or organizational development. A demonstrable track record in developing positive relationships at all levels, cross-functionally, as well as supporting customers across multiple locations is crucial.
- Proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Engagement: We are particularly interested in candidates who can take the initiative, find innovative ways to tackle complex problems, and can chip into to the design of customer-centric HR solutions.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Niederlassungsleiter (m/w/d) – Fachbereich Medical/PädagogikSimpleconHessenHessen
Anti-Harassment CounselWorld Bank GroupNew Delhi, IndiaNew Delhi, India
Technical Officer, Demand and Behavioural SciencesWHO - World Health OrganizationLibrevilleLibreville
International Consultancy – Faecal Sludge Management ConsultantUNICEF - United Nations Children’s FundFreetownFreetown