Skills for Rhode Island's Future
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI) is a nonprofit workforce intermediary working to break down barriers to economic opportunity by connecting unemployed and underemployed Rhode Islanders to jobs with socially responsible, civic-minded employers through a proven demand-driven approach. SkillsRl’s multi-faceted approach focuses on providing a continuum of career services to help those who face barriers to employment succeed in the workplace. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the heart of the SkillsRI model and we have proven to be incredibly effective at recruiting and placing individuals with barriers into employment.
Additionally, SkillsRI manages the Small Business Resource Hub, designed to provide supportive, coordinated services for small business enterprises, nonprofits, and entrepreneurs looking to start and grow their businesses. The Hub provides access to several critical areas such as technical assistance, leadership development, professional services, and support to new and developing small businesses.
Our Mission: Create demand-driven solutions for employers to get the unemployed and underemployed back to work.
Our Vision: Transforming lives through meaningful employment and economic mobility.
Our Values: Collaboration, Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Respect
The HR Generalist will support small business resource hub clients in the creation of policies and procedures as well as human resource manuals, staffing patterns, and labor law compliance. The HR Generalist will be a member of SkillsRI’s Shared Services team providing assistance to small businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs.
The Small Business Resource Hub aims to facilitate the growth and development of women, veteran, people with disabilities, and minority-owned businesses by supporting small businesses in becoming long-term, qualified entities capable of competing and growing in our community.
- Advise small business resource hub clients on human resources best practices.
- Meet with small business resource hub clients to define needs and goals to meet those needs.
- Conduct research to identify potential workforce challenges and/or inefficiencies for small business resource hub clients.
- Recommend solutions and provide advice on HR policies, procedures, and tools.
- Assist with the implementation of new policies, procedures, and strategies for small business resource hub clients.
- Keep relevant of industry trends and practices.
- Work with small businesses to select best payroll system.
- Answer nonroutine requests for information on policy interpretation.
- Assist small business with developing, coordinating, and recommending changes for improvement of existing policy and workflow.
- Assist small business resource hub clients in developing HR manuals such as handbooks, SOPs, etc.
- Consult with small business resource hub clients to ensure compliance with all labor and HR-related areas.
- Provide advice on disciplinary process and advise on appropriate outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Passion for the mission of SkillsRI and enthusiasm for its success.
- Passion for supporting small businesses of all sizes and industries.
- Comfort with – and enthusiasm for – working in a fast-paced start-up environment/
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while accomplishing goals under tight time constraints.
- Ability to communicate professionally across a broad range of constituent groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building, customer service, empathy, and resilience.
- Ambitious, proactive, and detail-oriented.
- Strong documentation skills, and able to make connections between similar problems.
- Willingness to work hard, maintain a positive attitude, and overcome challenges.
- Solution-oriented problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize according to business goals.
- Conviction, integrity, honesty, and maturity in all situations.
- At least two years of related experience (related experience with small businesses desired)
- Bilingual a plus
- SHRM certification a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience.
100% of individual health, dental, and vision insurance
401k employer contribution
Paid Time Off
15 paid holidays
The HR Generalist is a grant-funded position. While not expected, should there be a substantial reduction in funding or should funding cease, this position may be eliminated by SkillsRI.
For more information about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future, please visit www.skillsforri.com.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.