World Health Organization
Reporting directly to the Health Advisor, ULC Cluster Team Lead, under the overall guidance of the Head of WHO Country Office in WCO/Kenya, and in close collaboration with the respective technical leads in the respective Units in Regional Office in AFRO and HQ Units, the Technical Officer-Health Workforce will be accountable for supporting the Ministry of Health and partners in defining and implementing the Kenya Human Resources for Health strategy.
Summary of Assigned Duties
The incumbent will be assigned the following duties:
- In close consultation with HSS Cluster Leader/Adviser, facilitate/support the process of reviewing and development of national Human Resources for Health (HRH) Policy and Strategic Plan.
- Facilitate linkages and adaptation of national HRH Policy and Strategic Plan at sub-national level in close collaboration with relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health in NHWA implementation and on health workforce planning.
- Identify sources of data on health workers and health worker characteristics including census, labor force surveys, professional registries etc. towards development of Health Workforce information system.
- Facilitate increased HRH partnerships and stakeholder involvement in Kenya through establishment/strengthening MoH-led HRH Coordination mechanisms, harmonized health workforce initiatives and joint HRH reviews.
- Facilitate the process of Workload Indicator for Staffing Needs (WISN) in Kenya to provide evidence for staffing standards and equitable distribution of health workers.
- Collaborate in operational research activities to deepen the knowledge base on the various issues of health workforce development;
- Promote best practices for health workforce planning, monitoring and assessment and evidence generation dissemination of good practices in countries taking into consideration the effective integration within the health care delivery system, its health services and existing public health programmes.
- Participate WCO and specific UHC LC cluster planning and monitoring activities ensuring linkage of HRH structures to overall health sector structures.
- Assist in resource mobilization activities in support of the work on health workforce development;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of Kenya’s Health system, human resources for health strategies development, planning, capacity-building, initiatives implementation.
- Technical expertise in planning, monitoring, and evaluating health systems especially health workforce management and development.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, integrate, synthesize, and communicate complex concepts and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to promote and enhance relationships between private sector actors and government stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong management skills and ability to work independently and on teams.
- Master’s degree in Health Management Planning and Policy, Human Resources for Health Policy or Health Systems Management, with a background in Health related field (Nursing, Medicine, or any other relevant field)
- At least 5 years’ experience in health system strengthening in developing health systems including HRH.
- A good understanding of Human resources for health in the context of the Kenyan health sector
- Excellent knowledge of English.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Occupational Health Nurse Advisor Gateshead, Tyne & Wear + HomebasedOccupational Health StaffingGateshead, Tyne and WearGateshead, Tyne and Wear
Senior Manager CX+I Customer Experience & Innovation ConsultingPublicis SapientHessenHessen
Advanced Nurse Practitioner – HMS Drake Medical Centre-37.5 HoursMilitary Medical PersonnelPlymouth - Devonport, DevonPlymouth - Devonport, Devon
Shift Lead Logistics / Schichtleitung (m/w/d)FlaschenpostPotsdam, BrandenburgPotsdam, Brandenburg