UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Care
[Include information about the country/specific programme. Ideally include a link to a video]
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Business Partnering
• Through research of policies and analysis of data, provide support to the HR Business Partner in advising their clients on HR-related needs and developing subsequent plans of action.
• Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client-orientation.
• Proactively advise clients on the resolution of human resources issues ensuring equitable and transparent solutions that protects both the staff and organizations interests in accordance with policies, regulations and procedures.
• Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
2. Strategic Human Resources
• Liaise with the HQ Divisions, regional and country offices to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation. Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
• Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, procedures and introduce innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
3. Support to Implementation of assigned Human Resources Services
• Provide support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development etc.) to help their supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
• When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
4. Learning and Capacity Development
• In collaboration with business owners, support the design and delivery of learning plans for staff.
• Contribute to the mapping of competencies for all staff included in the assigned client portfolio, assisting in the development of a comprehensive framework in support of the development of the talent pipeline.
• Research on efficient and cost-effective learning products which enable staff to develop their skills and competencies.
• Participate as a resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
• Provide orientation briefing to new staff.
5. HR Data Analytics
• Collect, interpret and analyze HR data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
• Support the development and implementation of data collection systems to optimize data quality.
• Coordinate with country offices and partners to provide assistance in their HR information management.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and concepts of human resources management.
- Ability to identify issues, conduct rigorous research, and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong research, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of information technology systems and tools.
Interpersonal and Communication
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse organization tailoring language, tone, style and format to match audience.
- Ability to empathize with client managers, supervisors and staff while advocating for consistent and equitable applications of promulgated HR regulations and rules.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or another related field is required.
- A minimum of Two years of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability(CRITA)underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships(2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness(3)Drive to achieve results for impact(4)Innovates and embraces change(5) Manages ambiguity and complexity(6)Thinks and acts strategically(7)Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children and important for this position.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments are also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: 05 Oct 2022 Afghanistan Standard Time
Deadline: 15 Oct 2022 Afghanistan Standard Time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.