West Virginia University
The at West Virginia University Department of Global Affairs is current accepting applications for an International Partnerships Manager.
About the Opportunity
The program manager for international partnerships is responsible for managing the development, organization, processing, and execution of agreements with international partners at West Virginia University. The program manager works closely with academic and administrative units at WVU and overseas partners to develop agreements for collaboration, education abroad, student recruitment, research, and other services. Reporting to the director of global advancement, the manager of international partnerships works closely in coordination to advance the University’s strategic mission and goals.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offer generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year (for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
What you’ll do:
- Identify, assess, and prioritize potential international partners based on the University’s strategic goals and areas of expertise.
- Engage and negotiate with potential partners to establish formal agreements such as Memoranda of Understanding (MoU), collaboration agreements, joint research initiatives, student exchange agreements, and others.
- Ensure all legal and compliance obligations are met throughout the development process in coordination with general counsel, export control, and procurement policies.
- Oversee and manage a portfolio of existing international partnerships, ensuring mutual benefits, clear communication, and effective collaboration.
- Review and renew existing partnerships, assessing their alignment with the University’s evolving priorities.
- Monitor and evaluate partnership performance metrics, providing regular updates to the director of global advancement and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with university colleges, faculty, and research units to ensure alignment in international collaboration efforts.
- Serve as primary contact between international partners and the University, helping to facilitate activity and engagement between partners and University units.
- Work closely with research, academic, export control, admissions, and university relations teams to ensure integrated and cohesive international engagement efforts.
- Develop a robust web presence for international partnerships that provides a public face to partnerships and documents policies, procedures, and best practices.Stay updated with best practices, emerging trends, and innovations in the field of international higher education partnerships.
- Provide trainings and information sessions to the University community on building and developing partnerships, providing outreach out process, policy, and procedure.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, political science, international studies, journalism, English, public administration, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) months experience in office or professional setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and be able to multi task and prioritize all work needing accomplished
- Timeliness, responsiveness, and ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and work across cultures.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia’s land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on tendersglobal.net
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.