IRC - International Rescue Committee
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support assessments that are geared towards identifying existing hygiene and sanitation practices, WASH-related health risks, barriers to safe hygiene practices and priorities in target communities, schools and health facilities.
- Working closely with the Hygiene Promotion Officer, support analysis of data/assessment findings to inform on design of Hygiene Promotion approaches.
- Under the guidance of the Hygiene Promotion Officer, plan day-to-day activities geared towards reducing risky hygiene practices at targeted communities and local institutions.
- Under the guidance of the Hygiene Promotion Officer conduct identification and recruitment of Community Hygiene Promotion Volunteers (CHPVs) based on the laid down IRC approaches and procedures.
- Directly oversee implementation of hygiene promotion activities that include supervision of CHPVs, and CHPs activities in the IRC program intervention areas.
- Under the guidance of the Hygiene Promotion Officers, directly supervise distribution of WASH related NFI kits activities.
- Support activities for engagement of women and girls at the communities, schools, health facilities and other institutions to ensure that crucial feedback barriers to access of WASH services and inclusion are addressed during implementation of the WASH activities.
- Support hygiene promotion trainings to communities and community volunteers using approved MoPH modules and approaches.
- Support formation and training of Community groups established for managing operation, repair and maintenance of WASH infrastructure in coordination with the EH sub-sectors (water supply and sanitation).
- Support formation and training of groups established in schools for managing operation, repair and maintenance of WASH infrastructure in coordination with the EH sub-sectors (water supply and sanitation).
- Carry out continued mentoring of Community Hygiene Promotion Volunteers and/or Community Health Promoters on hygiene promotion approaches.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Maintain an update list of all CHPVs and/or CHPs and your supervision and the different locations they are based in.
- Supervise and monitor implementation of all CHPV and/or CHP hygiene promotion activities against set work plans on a day-to-day basis including performance of CHPVs and/or CHPs in their routine activities.
- Daily activity progress reporting of all hygiene promotion activities through the daily data collection sheets/tools to the Hygiene Promotion Officer.
- Participate in regular program monitoring activities that include household surveys, FGDs and PDMs upon completion of kit distributions.
- Directly supervise water quality monitoring activities at household level to assess the effectiveness of point of use water treatment approaches.
- Directly carry out monitoring utilisation and appropriate use of the various WASH facilities, provide feedback to the Hygiene Promotion Officer and communities on actions that ensure safe and hygienic use of such facilities.
- Liaise directly with communities (CDCs), elders, Mullahs, and Shura acting as a link between IRC and the beneficiaries through mobilisation and encouraging the targeted beneficiaries and all other stakeholders to participate in the IRC activities.
- Support strengthening of integration of the EH and Health sectors on all aspects related to community health and hygiene promotion.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.