United Nations Development Programme
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. In Nepal, UN Women focuses on strengthening women’s voice, agency, and leadership across sectors to advance women’s rights, provide space for women’s meaningful participation, and contribute to tangible differences in their lives. The UN Women Nepal’s Strategic Note (SN) for the period 2023-2027 lays out the agency’s unique role and comparative advantage in supporting national stakeholders in advancing gender equality and the empowerment of women in line with internationally agreed normative standards. The SN is aligned with and contributes to Nepal’s national priorities and commitments as described in the Nepal Constitution 2015 and the Fifteenth Periodic Plan, the needs of women’s organizations, and the UNDAF 2023-2027 with a commitment of leaving no one behind. UN Women will advance its efforts in Nepal in accordance with its unique role and triple mandate (normative, operational and coordination) and lessons learned to “achieve gender equality and social inclusion and empower women and girls in Nepal to realize their human rights” (Nepal Country Office SN Goal Statement).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and the direct supervision of the Administrative Associate, the ICT and Administrative support provides ICT and administrative support services to the CO, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT and Administrative Support promotes a client-oriented approach. The ICT Administrative support works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations teams for resolving complex ICT-related issues and provides support on administrative issues including Assets Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support to the implementation of ICT strategies and new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures
- Provide inputs to the development and implementation of the ICT annual work plan
- Provide IT support in the use of Atlas (UN Women’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services and to transition to New ERP system
Provide technical support in the functioning of the CO hardware and software
- Provide oversight to routine repairs and change hardware electronic components;
- Provide technical support to the installation and maintenance of all communication systems including mobile and satellite phones;
- Provide technical support to the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programmes;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;
- Monitor file server traffic, usage, and performance on a regular basis.
Ensure efficient networks administration
- Monitor the network connection on a daily basis to ensure stable and responsive network environment;
- Configure network printers and provide user access as required;
- Trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Maintain backup logs; organize off-site storage of backups;
- Maintain measures for business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities;
- Provide technical support to Local Area Network (LAN) management in accordance with UN Women requirements.
Provide web management services
- Maintain the CO web site and intranet.
Provide administrative support regarding ICT issues
- Maintain inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in collaboration with the Procurement focal point;
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources;
- Prepare statistical charts, tables, and reports as required;
- Provide ICT support to key events.
Provide technical support and advice to CO and Country Office personnel
- Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from staff in CO and country offices experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking and other computer related issues;
- Set up new email accounts of CO personnel ;
- Liaise with ICT staff in HQ for support and guidance;
- Meet all ICT on-boarding requirements for new staff.
Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO
- Contribute to the organization of trainings for the CO staff on ICT issues;
- Maintain library of reference materials;
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in ICT
Liaising and maintain network with IT colleagues of other UN agencies
- Participate as a member in OMT ICT working group
Serve as Asset Focal Point for NCO
- Inspection and verification of all incoming assets (equipment, furniture and inventory), and scheduling deliveries to users after successful recording in the Asset management sub-module in Atlas ensuring inventory records are up to date and accurate.
- Tag all furniture/equipment upon receipt from the supplier. Update of nonexpendable property inventory record and track movement of furniture and other equipment.
- Support to the annual physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property and remain responsive for timely submission asset certification letter to HQ.
- Support month end process on assets updates
- Preparation of inventory and asset reports for the management and audit purpose as required.
- asset disposal, transfer and other requests for approval to the HQ Asset Management Specialist Support to management on physical asset disposal and other asset transactions
Support to Programme team
- Provide support programme team to enter data and generate analytical reports from RMS
- Create a safe working environment by developing respectful and safe organizational culture and supporting practices.
- Collaborates with team members, programme partners, and sub-grantees to ensure safe implementation of programmes at the community level applying Do No Harm approach.
- PSEA and child safeguarding should be addressed in all UN contexts.
- Familiarity with child safeguarding principles including PSEA, and incorporating safeguarding consideration into the programming cycle/operation process/HR management/M&E process/Media, etc.
- Maintain higher sensitivity while working with children, people living with disability, LGBTIQ + and the members of vulnerable and excluded groups.
- Any other task assigned by Supervisor
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is an asset
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset
Recommend your friend
Duties and Responsibilities:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Guest Services ManagerKew Green HotelsEight Ash Green, Essex - Colchester, EssexEight Ash Green, Essex - Colchester, Essex
Personalreferent (m/w/d) mit Schwerpunkt EntgeltabrechnungMedical Airport Service GmbHMörfelden-Walldorf, HessenMörfelden-Walldorf, Hessen
English Subject Area SpecialistCreative Associates InternationalJordanJordan
Community MobilizerBWA Iraq[Duhok,Iraq ][Duhok,Iraq ]