Family Eldercare is committed to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA2+, individuals with disabilities, parents, caregivers, and veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Mental Health Counselor diagnoses and treats mental health conditions of clients in an outpatient setting. Service setting is primarily home-based and may include teletherapy as appropriate.
- Provide psychotherapy interventions to assist the client in restoration of their level of functioning prior to the onset of illness or the maintenance of functional levels to avoid further deterioration or hospitalization
- Conduct diagnostic assessment and provide ongoing treatment to clients in individual sessions and/or family sessions
- Plan and assess treatment in accordance with professional standards
- Document relevant facts, findings, and observations about a patient’s past and present illnesses, examinations, tests, treatments, and outcomes.
- Maintain client files to include an assessment, impression, diagnosis and plan of care or goals. Must document the client’s progress, response to changes in treatment, and any revision of diagnosis.
- Provide community education and outreach developed for specific audience
- Develop new referral sources and maintain positive professional relationships with established referral sources.
- Complete data gathering, reporting, and program evaluation activities as assigned
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Commitment to Family Eldercare’s mission, vision, values, and programs with ability to convey that information.
- Represent agency in a professional and favorable manner
- Impactful in a changing environment with limited structure
- Respect for diversity and inclusion
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal communications
- Ability to work independently, organize work efficiently, prioritize work and take initiative
- Ability to keep accurate and organized records
- Ability to interact in a positive manner in person, through email, and on the phone
- Ability to develop productive relationships with clients, families, other professionals, and volunteers
- Ability to conduct educational programs to groups of all sizes
- Ability to make constructive use of supervision
Education and Experience:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); must be licensed to perform mental health services in the State of Texas. Requires advanced skills in mental health and functional assessment, clinical treatments, interventions, best practice and evidenced based practices addressing needs of aging adults and caregivers
- 2-5 years’ experience with aging adults experiencing mental health disorders such as depression, deterioration in cognitive functioning, risk assessment, family systems, caregiver dynamics, stress, and anxiety
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 software applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, TEAMS, and Outlook
- Ability to pass a criminal and motor vehicle driving background check
- Ability to work in an office setting with significant amount of time spent on computer
- Ability to drive to external locations for company business as needed
- Ability to interact with clients, volunteers, staff, family, and outside community partners
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Public Student Loan Forgiveness
Employment at our organization may qualify you for federal student loan forgiveness programs. We do not directly pay for – nor forgive – federal student loans; however our status as a not-for-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3), makes us an eligible employer. There may be other determining factors for one to qualify. Please follow this URL to review one such program and their requirements: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
If you are interested in applying for employment with Family Eldercare and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to hr @familyeldercare.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $57,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- LCSW (Required)
Work Location: On the road
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.