University of Sydney
- Full time, continuing
- Outstanding opportunity to support Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander student participation in higher education
- Base Salary $83K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
This position has been designated for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. This Exemption is claimed under Section 21 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
The Indigenous Recruitment Assistant (Identified) provides student recruitment support and promotes the University of Sydney as the preferred destination for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students considering tertiary study. The role provides recruitment and administrative support in promoting the range of admissions pathways offered by the University. This includes coordination of outreach activities both on and off campus.
- has experience working in a similar administrative or office environment in student recruitment within a large and complex organisation
- identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander (preferred)
- knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures (preferred)
- is highly interpersonal and communicates articulately by way of verbal and written forums
- upholds strong relationship management with a diverse group of key stakeholders
- demonstrates flexibility and thrives in an accommodating working environment with an administration focus
- fosters collaborative working and displays a team player attitude toward the immediate team and wider business
- enjoys coordination of events, possess strong initiative and has solid ability to prioritise varying workloads.
Be part of the Yura network made up of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander staff for fortnightly yarning circles.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the reasons for the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Riviera Son Recruitment Operations by email to [email protected].
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Sunday 19 November 2023 11:59 PM
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.