United Nations Department of Global Communications (DGC)
|Posting Title:||Individual Contractor – Communicator/Graphic Designer|
|Department/Office:||Department of Global Communications|
|Posting Period:||04 October 2022 – 14 October 2022|
|Job Opening Number:||22-Department of Global Communications-192031-Individual Contractor|
Result of Service
Like UNIC staff, the incumbent will work under the UNIC Director’s overall guidance in the implementation of the Global as well as UNIC Tehran and the UNCT/UNCG communications strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under overall supervision of the UNIC Director, the IC shall contribute to the following activities:
1. Develop and produce compelling multimedia content (English and Persian) in order to
increase media reach & visibility effectiveness, using communication theories and best
practices to choose the appropriate approach, messaging styles, designs and digital tools.
2. When appropriate, integrating digital and mobile first approaches into all communication
3. Contribute to maintaining an updated, bilingual iran.un.org website. Develop, produce, edit
or translate stories but with a particular focus on producing/adapting high quality visuals such
as photos, graphics, animations and videos.
4. Contribute to producing strategically aligned and compelling content for UN Iran Social
Media channels ensuring that design, color palette and style is aligned with the global design
5. Copywriting (online & offline), editing, translating and proofreading of communication
products (brochure, booklet, newsletters) ensuring correct formatting for printing, and with a
particular attention to visual aspects, such as photo illustrations, graphs, colour palette etc.
6. Ensure appropriate UN branding and professional graphic design for major UNCT
documents such as results reports, factsheets, frameworks, pamphlets, brochures etc. as well
as preparing and formatting printing materials.
7. Monitoring feedback and reactions on the UN digital platforms, including social media
accounts and website; analysing the trends of social media participation and proposing relevant
adjustments to the communications strategies.
8. Supporting UN Communications Group and UN Country Team communication campaigns
and other activities and promoting key messages, sharing modern social media technologies
with the UNCG members.
9. To assist the UNCT and UNCG with the capacity building in the area of strategic
communications with a particular focus to graphic design and visuals.
• Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in graphic design, public information, journalism, strategic communications or related area is required.
Fluency in Persian (Farsi) and English is required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.