The India Forest-PLUS 3.0 Activity, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest for an Information Technology Innovations Specialist. This position will be located in the main Forest-PLUS 3.0 office in New Delhi, India.
Forest-PLUS 3.0 is a three-year program of USAID that will be implemented by Tetra Tech in India from Dec 2023 to Dec 2026. The purpose of the program is to provide technical assistance that supports the Government of India to strengthen sustainable, inclusive and data-driven management of forest landscapes. Forest-PLUS 3.0 will build on, scale up, and institutionalize at a national level the solutions developed and piloted by Forest-PLUS 2.0, which was implemented from Dec 2018 to Dec 2023, to support India’s forest-based climate mitigation commitments by: (1) improving the sustainable management and eco-restoration of forest landscapes through technological innovations; and (2) strengthening the institutional and enabling environment for inclusive and resilient forest ecosystems.
Position Description/Summary: The Information Technology Innovations Specialist will lead the design and implementation of the development of tools and technology solutions in support of these objectives, as well as ensure their quality control and evaluation of their use through the rollout of innovative technology tools.
* Lead the technical design and strategic improvements to the Forest-PLUS suite of technology tools developed to support forest inventory data collection, decision-support for eco-restoration and agroforestry, and strengthen management of non-timber forest products and timber traceability systems.
* Ensure that Forest-PLUS 3.0 technological strategies are focused on end-user needs, working collaboratively with Forest-PLUS 3.0 technical staff and Government of India partners to identify needs and adapt technologies accordingly.
* Support institutional capacity assessments for IT-related needs and provide recommendations and hands-on support to development of workflows and other institutional architecture for data management, in close collaboration with Government of India partners.
* Support management of technical partners and subcontractors to implement and refine technological solutions with an emphasis on driving innovative, user-friendly solutions.
* Provide quality control of the tools as well as work closely with the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist to evaluate their use and impacts.
* Support delivery of training and technical assistance to relevant institutions.
* Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or a related field.
* At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
* Strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL, PostgreSQL 10 with a working understanding of MongoDB, PostgreSQL, AngularJS, Express.js, Oracle, React, Ember, and Node.js.
* Experience working with languages such as Java, .Net, Python, PHP.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, system design, and algorithms.
* Knowledge of Python, post GIS, and database integration AWS, NIC, different server technologies, libraries, etc.
* Work experience in the development of information technology tools for natural resources management (desirable).
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.