Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 400 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2023 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
Overall purpose of the role:
The IT Specialist at the DRC Ukraine is responsible for maintaining and managing IT systems, ensuring compliance with global IT standards and policies, and providing technical support to staff. This role involves actively engaging in regional and global IT initiatives, collaborating with other IT professionals with in organization, and contributing to the development and implementation of new IT systems in country operations as needed. The IT Specialist plays a vital role in ensuring the efficient, compliant and secure use of technology within DRC’s operations.
- Develop and implement a clear standard operating procedures for the delivery of IT support services.
- Act as the primary focal point for troubleshooting IT-related issues faced by staff, including provision of both remote and on-site support in country office and area offices.
- Assess all existing hardware, software and local networks to ensure appropriateness, standardization and fitness for purpose.
- Oversee day-to-day technical relationships with internet services providers and any other technology providers.
- Conduct IT induction for new staff, ensuring they are familiar with and adhere to DRCs IT policies.
Networking / Internet Support:
- Standardize and optimize local networks across offices, including the installation and management of hardware and software.
- Oversee and monitoring software and network security, bandwidth (in accordance with the internet service providers contracted service), and bandwidth utilization.
- Provide troubleshooting for connectivity or performance issues.
Security/Backup, Server Operations and Administration:
- Ensure regular, centralized backups of user data.
- Manage user accounts and permissions in accordance with DRCs IT policies.
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the design, installation, implementation, and monitoring of the Enterprise Directory Services (Active Directory) as well as firewalls, Domain Name Servers (DNS), DHCPs, and Mail relays.
- Provide full range of technical assistance in the area of server operations, management, and administration, including the installation, configuration, testing and deployment of server hardware and software.
- Operate all roles involved in the provisioning and de-provisioning of user accounts.
- Maintain list of local IT systems as per request from GDPR, IT security and Enterprise Architecture.
Data Security, Compliance and Awareness:
- Develop and implement data security policies and procedures in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor and assess data security risks, implementing appropriate measures to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Conduct regular audits to assess compliance with data protection and privacy requirements.
- Develop and deliver data privacy training, workshops, or other awareness initiatives to increase awareness and understanding among DRC staff.
- Provide guidance and support to staff on data privacy and security best practices.
Digitalization and Digital Platform:
- Ensure maintenance and regular update and cleaning of the DRC Ukraines SharePoint sites according to need of CO and global standards.
- Provide training and support to the staff for full utilization of SharePoint sites including to the Area Offices.
- Identify opportunities for digitalization and process automation within DRC country operations.
- Plan and execute the implementation of approved digitalization initiatives by HQ and RO, ensuring alignment with global IT standards.
- Any other roles assigned by the line manager in IT area of responsibility.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 3 years experience in IT roles preferably in an international organization or humanitarian context
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office 365
- Strong knowledge of IT systems, infrastructure and tools including but not limited to firewalls, NAT and routers
- Familiarity with data security and data security related tools and approaches
- Knowledge and experience of digital archiving and digitalization tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Certification in Networking, Digital Cloud or Share Point or similar.
- English fluent
- Ukrainian fluent
- Contract length: 3 months renewable after satistactory probation period
- Level: G-non managerial
- Designation of Duty Station: Kyiv
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Councils Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications are open until 16th November 2023
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise.
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do.
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution.
- Culture, values & strong leadership.
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRCs capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDPs and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRCs values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visitdrc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.