Humanity & Inclusion/ Handicap International is an international NGO working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work tirelessly alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their basic needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
We currently work in 60 countries with an overall budget of 170 million EUR and employ 3,000 people. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Lyon.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
In order to implement its development and humanitarian activities in its countries of interventions, HI mobilizes funding from a large range of institutional partners.
As an Institutional Partnerships Officer, you assist the Institutional Partnerships Senior Officer in charge of donor relationship, compliance framework and support to contract implementation of the portfolio of Belgian institutional donors (Development cooperation DGD, Belgian Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, ENABEL, Brussels Region, …). Based on needs, you may also be involved in the partnership with other donors.
DESCRIPTION : As an Institutional Partnerships Officer:
- You manage relations with the Belgian donors (and occasionally others) in order to develop business. For this, you:
• Build and disseminate knowledge on donors, and therefore you anticipate & understand
donors’ expectations & strategies & share your analyses.
• Negotiate with institutional partners & defend HI interests.
• Support business development.
• Contribute to successful preparation of reports through advice and clarification of the rules, according to the agreed standards.
• Manage information on donors.
- For compliance framework: you define, disseminate & control the application of standards as per donors’ requirements. For this, you :
• Develop sound knowledge of/expertise on donors’ rules & regulations
• Apply problem-solving if standards not applied (adapting standards, training, …)
• Support the contract implementation
- You also support operations staffs in their funding strategy & in the implementation of their contracts. For this, you:
• Support project staffs in interpreting & applying donors’ regulations, and for this you
provide advice & organize training.
• Support project staffs liaising with the donors or act as in-between when required.
• 4-5 years of higher education in a field relevant to the job, or equivalent experience
• Excellent spoken and written English + French + Excellent command of Dutch
• You demonstrate at least two years’ experience in managing funding and/or development/emergency aid projects abroad or at NGO headquarters. You have an experience in Belgium funding management and knowledge of rules of other donors is a +.
• you have the capacity and appetite for networking (experience working with an NGO coordination platform is an asset)
• You have excellent writing and synthesis skills
• You enjoy working in international/multicultural teams
• You have strong pedagogy, adaptability, and flexibility skills
• Type of contract: permanent contract
• Remuneration package: includes a gross monthly salary, holiday allowance, end of year bonus and fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, group insurance and hospital insurance.
How to apply
click on following link to apply : http://www.jobs.net/j/JdJixhUG?idpartenaire=136&jobdetails=true