University of California, San Francisco
Learning & Organization Development
Applies ADDIE or advanced professional instructional design and technology skills to create highly complex blended learning course designs, that map learning objectives / outcomes to performance data. Builds solid partnerships with staff, faculty, senior leaders and external stakeholders to diagnose client needs. Also works with other Instructional Designers, Learning and OD consultants and Curator to propose professional development learning solutions. May use advanced technical skills related to learning management systems, multimedia design, assessment systems, communication tools, streaming media platforms, and multimedia creative applications to meet unique and often “new” requirements related to blended course design and development. May assume responsibility for a program of courses. Analyzes project requirements through in-depth evaluation and understanding of learning goals, woven through a series of courses.
To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up):TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu)
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% – 120% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
UCSF Learning & Organization Development Department oversees the creation and implementation of learning solutions for all UCSF staff, managers and executives, as well some faculty who perform operational roles or impact operational processes. Our purpose is to lead talent development strategies which inspire professional excellence and attract, develop, and retain outstanding & diverse people, who together advance health worldwide. The key services that our department provides to individual learners, departments and organization’s executives are: • Staff and leadership development • Organization development, effectiveness and change management • Learning Management System Administration • E-Course development
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- 5 – 7 years related experience or equivalent experience / training.
- Adobe creative suite, Articulate and Captivate
- Advanced Knowledge of professional and leadership development strategies and understanding of how work impacts other areas in human resources and the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of instructional design principles and learning strategies (e,g., ADDIE), including needs analysis, backwards design, learning outcomes and assessment design, and instructional approaches including lecture, discussion, activities, projects, etc.
- Advanced ability to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of training and delivery methodologies, organizational diagnosis, organization and business strategies.
- Working knowledge of training and development, performance management and workplace learning. Ability to apply knowledge to achieve successful instructional design outcomes.
- Advanced knowledge and skills with relevant business software systems and content creation tools.
- Advanced knowledge of applying adult learning theories and education methodologies in creative ways.
- Advanced knowledge of instructor-led learning strategies including but not limited to courses (e.g., processes and technologies, etc.).
- Expert level skills in application of planning, resourcing and monitoring of effective design life cycles of training and other learning and performance solutions to support the organization.
- Thorough knowledge to conduct appropriate job and task analyses in the context of instructional design of technical or specialized training.
- Working knowledge of the technical tools and Sumtotal LMS platform required to achieve the delivery of engaging and media-rich online learning content, and of trends in the use and effectiveness of educational technology and learning.
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
006147 INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER 4
99 – Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Flexible (combination of onsite and remote work), Minnesota Street (SF)
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.