With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
International Assignment – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
The Integrated Programmes Director (IPD) ensures successful execution of WV Mozambiques ministry through overseeing the management of programs and projects and develop as well as operationalize systems that promote integration and ensure timely and effective implementation of the programs portfolio of projects in pursuit of Child Well-Being as well as attaining the organization’s Vision, Mission and Core Values. Integrated Programs Director will assist the National Director in overall operations.
35% Ensure Operational Effectiveness
- Provide strategic and operational oversight of the program and projects portfolio, ensuring mechanisms and tools are in place for effective/accountable implementation (end on time, on target, and within budget)
- Ensure programmes and projects have the necessary resources and competencies to live out WVs Christian faith with boldness and humility through programme choices and through clear, appropriate communication with external stakeholders
- Develop a culture of excellence with regards to the planning and implementation of projects, including periodic and targeted reviews of challenging projects to ensure completion and optimum expenditure rates
- Spearhead coordination between departments to promote information sharing, joint planning, and problem solving, especially amongst DM & M&E to support operational effectiveness
- Must possess thorough understanding of and appreciation for M&E/QA, DM, and Programme Development
- Develop and communicate National Office systems, guidelines, and strategic initiatives
- Ensure effective support mechanisms are in place to facilitate the strategic initiatives of the organisation: food security and livelihoods, health and nutrition, WASH, child protection and participation, education, emergency assistance
- Ensure effective support mechanisms are in place to enable programmes to identify, include, and benefit the most vulnerable children (MVCs), and report their impact on MVCs
- Champion integration, ensuring strategic priorities support to National Office strategy.
- Foster a culture of trust and mutual respect with the aim of empowering staff to take on more responsibilities.
30% Programme Quality and Transformational Development:
Programme Quality (PQ):
- Assure that high quality, contextually appropriate, accessible technical support is provided throughout the programme cycle.
- Ensure PQ Team provides technical management and leadership to field staff, advocacy, GAM and the SLT, as required, and that WV Mozambique is well represented externally in relevant sector forums.
- Oversee efforts to strengthen DM&E capacity across the organisation, ensuring WV Moz is able to evidence and share its impact across all funding streams.
- Assure that WV Moz is effectively engaging with global programme systems (Horizon), with systems in place to verify that the data held accurately reflects programme plans, budgets, targets and achievements.
- Ensure that WV Mozambique is meeting sponsorship standards, delivering on commitments and effectively engaging with new sponsorship initiatives going beyond compliance and pursuing excellence in sponsorship programming.
- Build a programming culture that understands sponsorship as a vehicle for transformational development, which facilitates meaningful relationships that inspire, equip and empower sponsors, children, communities, local partners and staff.
- Oversee the introduction and implementation of the Foundational Technical Programme (FTP), ensuring an integrated, multi-sectoral, locally appropriate package of child wellbeing programming is implemented across all districts.
- Assure ongoing reflection on FTP implementation, ensuring learnings are applied and impact is optimised.
- Strengthen the sustainability of WV Mozambiques work, ensuring that programmes contribute to lasting change in the lives of the most vulnerable children, and that all programme activities work to equip local actors to sustain and multiply the desired outcomes after WVs support ends.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of trust for the creation and delivery of high quality, effective and accountable programming.
10% Foster Internal and External Engagement
- Champion WV engagement in government and with donors, promoting WV leadership when possible.
- Network with leaders of other local and international NGOs, local partners, line ministries to position World Vision for coordinated program implementation
- Promote information-sharing mechanism and internal stakeholder engagement to encourage cross-functional coordination amongst all functions and field operations and actively address issues that affect project success.
- Foster a spirit of engagement with other agencies to promote better coordination, joint action and partnership.
10% Ensure Systems are in Place to Promote Audit Compliance and Good Stewardship
- Lead the embodiment of WVs core value we are stewards throughout WV Mozambiques programming by ensuring high standards of stewardship and accountability and compliance with WV financial policies and procedures, including participation in and follow up of periodic audits.
- Ensure awareness of donor and Support Office requirements, including the timely preparation and submission of quality narrative and financial reports.
- Work closely with the Finance Director and support program teams to develop, manage, and monitor project budgets, ensuring value for money and that project expenditure is within agreed budgets.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of good stewardship, accountable ministry and diligent compliance with internal and donor-imposed processes.
10% People Management and Capacity Building
- Lead, organize, motivate and develop individuals to perform effectively in a high performing team within Mozambique.
- Build successors and attach talent. This involves building consensus and conflict resolution, staff recruitment, orientation, on-going management support, quarterly coaching, annual performance planning and appraisal.
- Support the professional and personal development of these staff through on the job coaching, identification of learning and training needs and opportunities.
- Champion mentorship to and by international staff and professional development of local personnel to ensure program quality excellence
- Promote people management systems
- Champion performance management mechanisms, ensuring full participation and quality results to promote staff engagement and a culture of excellence
- Provide leadership, support and coordination in the implementation of ongoing
- Provide an environment where teams can be innovative and share experiences and best practices
- Establish a culture of accountability for programmatic and financial management, by providing staff with the tools and standards for performance management.
- Ensure security and risk mitigation measures are in place and in use.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of staff safety, empowerment and motivation leading to active participation in program initiatives, lead by example and actively engage with all staff.
5% Spiritual nurture and Christian witness:
- Provide spiritual leadership to staff, facilitating a supportive environment for spiritual formation of staff, the internalization of WVs Vision, Mission and Core Values, and the full and appropriate expression of World Visions Christian identity.
Carry out other additional responsibilities.
- Foster a framework for the development and practice of interfaith initiatives amongst staff.
Qualifications:Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills, Language and Experience
- University degree (MA/MS preferred) in a relevant field Management /Leadership, International Development, Monitoring and Evaluation, or a sectoral area such as agriculture, public health, education, law, etc.
- Ability to communicate in Portuguese.
- 10 years practical experience in national program management and leadership must be an effective and efficient coach of international and national staff.
- Experience working in 2 or more other countries
- Experience in the relevant development fields food security, health, HIV/AIDS, Economic Development, sponsorship, WASH, disaster management, child protection, advocacy, and/or education
- Significant experience in implementation of grant-funded and privately funded relief and development programming.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking skills
- Proven ability to build a team of multinationals
- Self-directed individual able to work well in a team and build a team.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in English (Portuguese skills preferred)
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and Outlook.
- Good understanding of Sphere relief standards (preferred)
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Knowledge of institutional donor requirements and compliance (preferred)
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- 30% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.