University of California, San Francisco
IT – Systems Integration
UCSF Integration Services Team is looking for a talented and results-driven Support Lead to manage a new team that will be responsible for support of the real-time integrations at UCSF Health, UCSF Campus, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals, and our affiliates. The ideal candidate should have experience organizing teams, coaching employees, monitoring progress, enforcing policy/procedures, and ensuring exceptional quality of work. They must possess strong communication and positive collaboration skills as well as the ability to resolve issues effectively. The Support Lead will be excited about guiding, training, and supporting their team (including offshore team members) and is highly motivated to help UCSF fulfill our larger mission. The successful candidate will be people-focused, supportive, and flexible in order to get the most out of his/her team. You should be a natural leader that’s focused on inspiring employees to own their work and deliver better results.
Key technical abilities include possessing excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to quickly analyze integration issues and implement solutions, working with the appropriate support teams both onshore and offshore, and the ability to analyze current interface environments and make recommendations for improvements. In addition, the Support Lead will guide the team to deliver interface enhancements and one-off project requests as well as research and prototyping solutions to novel problems. The successful candidate enjoys making sure our tools are highly tuned for maximum performance, is excited to share their expertise with the team and customers that seek their assistance, and, is able to manage relationships with vendors and external partners. They follow IT policy and procedures and will assist in improving processes and documentation.
UCSF IT Integration Services is the central group that provides integrated solutions across the UCSF enterprise and beyond. We provide the integration platforms and expertise in order to build robust, reusable, and cost-efficient interfaces for reliable data sharing and exchange between applications, platforms, and services.
We serve UCSF Health, UCSF Campus, Benioff Children’s Hospitals, and affiliates. For many years we have worked with the UCSF Health providing integration solutions through Epic Bridges and Cloverleaf interface engine, which excels at Health Level-7 (HL7) messaging between healthcare systems. In addition, to accommodate broader integration solutions, we also provide an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and API Manager.
The Integration Services team builds new integrations from scratch, reuses existing integration solutions, enhances existing integrations, or provides consulting to help achieve integration needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Epic Bridges Certification
- 5+ years of Electronic Health Record integration support experience that can include Epic, Cerner, One Medical, etc.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Epic Bridges and Cloverleaf Interface Engine
- Advanced knowledge of systems integration deploying complex systems integration solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of the many healthcare interoperability formats of HL7 v2.x, C-CDA
- Advanced skills associated with system integration design, modification, implementation and deployment in a complex environment.
- Advanced knowledge, skills and abilities associated with Integration system problem identification and resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and workflows of an Electronic Health Record.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with senior level technical and non-technical management on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated ability to create integration specifications.
- Experience with identification and use of source codes and code libraries.
- Demonstrated ability to identify software and hardware interdependences in a complex multi-platform environment.
- Advanced ability to serve as a technical leader and information resource, and to work collaboratively with senior staff and management across departments, providing advice, counsel, and analysis on issues of policy, functionality, system efficiency, upgrades, integration solutions, and industry advances and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to provide 24×7 integration support
- Cloverleaf Certification Level 1 thru 3
- Knowledge of healthcare semantic standards (e.g. LOINC, SNOMED, etc…)
- Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
- Experience developing and implementing project plans.
- Experience researching and evaluating new technology and solutions for integration environments.
- Ability to impart knowledge to senior-level technical and non-technical audiences and to influence outcomes to meet objectives.
- Epic Bridges Certification
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
005941 SYS INTEGRATION ENGR 4
Clinical Systems / IT Professionals
99 – Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Remote / Telecommute
Additional Shift Details
M-F 8AM-5PM (Pacific)
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.