Organization: IFRC - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
The intern will support and advise the ERP Program Manager on revising and monitoring ERP financial performance, financial risk management, and the efficient and effective management of financial resources in accordance with the financial policies of the IFRC. The Intern will have a strong emphasis in supporting financial analysis and program monitoring.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the financial ERP Management of the program by revising operating ERP Budgets, monitor ERP Financial key performance indicators, revise the financial risks and financial management matters.
- Support the development and monitoring of key ERP Financial and administrative reports, presentations and processes.
- Revise the coherence of ERP Financial training material.
- Monitor and develop project management tools such as dashboards, tracking tables, among others.
- Advise on innovative and creative proposals to improve the ERP program financial and administrative management.
- Participate in reviewing financial policies, processes and procedures as requested.
- Maintain regular and proactive dialogue with different stakeholders (e.g. Heads of departments, Project Managers, Finance Department and Zone Financial Controllers and teams) with regards to relevant ERP finance management matters.
- Provide any other administrative and financial support as per ERP Program Manager or ERP Program Sponsor request.
- Relevant university degree qualification in finance, administration, project management, business, among other related area
- Qualification in accounting or equivalent
- Relevant professional training courses (Red Cross/Red Crescent related, humanitarian and development sector management, etc.)
- Developing budgets, plans, financial analysis and reports
- Communicating financial results to managers
- Creating and monitoring project management tools
- Writing financial management process and procedures
- Experience in an international financial role
- Experience with an International Organisation, international non-governmental organization, NGO and/or government development agency
- Volunteering or working within the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement
Knowledge, Skills and Language
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced skills in computer productivity applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting concepts
- Advanced knowledge of financial management and reporting applications
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure to meet scheduled and unexpected deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team player, exercise diplomacy and make independent decisions
- Results oriented and demand driven individual, entrepreneurial
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards or Equivalent
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies and Values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.