International SOS is the world’s leading medical and security services company with over 12,000 employees working in 1,000 locations in 90 countries. We were founded on the principle of putting our clients’ employees first and this is still true today. Led by 5,200 medical professionals and 200 security specialists our teams work night and day to find solutions to protect our clients and their employees in whatever situation they may be facing; we assess, advise and assist from a medical, security and logistical perspective on a global scale to protect and save lives and thereby enable our clients to achieve their business goals. As we’ve delivered on this mission over the last 35 years, we have become the market leader in global telehealth services and digital health solutions for an extensive client base of Fortune 500 companies, NGO’s and governments around the world.
- Are you interested in travel, healthcare or security?
- Are you passionate about helping others?
- Would you like to make a difference every day?
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with great communication skills and an empathetic nature, looking to work with a diverse team in a truly global organization.
You will join a team which has helped thousands of people globally. Our operations, medical and security experts have provided advice and assistance to thousands of clients, to support their health, wellbeing and business continuity. We have been doing this for over 30 years and throughout the pandemic.
We love solving problems together and are proud of the work we do. We have a social, collaborative culture that values personal development.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
We are now recruiting for our future training class (February).
Check out this video to learn more about our Americas Assistance Center: Philadelphia Assistance Center
• Provide operations and logistics expertise in the understanding and fulfilment of requests for assistance from our clients and subscribers, in collaboration with medical and security professional colleagues.
• Demonstrate a professional, positive and caring attitude when servicing clients and subscribers with the objective of exceeding expectations.
• Probe clients and subscribers who contact the Assistance Center to ensure that the request for assistance is understood and acted upon in every instance.
• Ensure continuity of service delivery by answering all requests for assistance in a timely and professional manner and managing cases in line with the key directive of Assist First, Verify Later.
• Document all matters relating to these requests using the telecommunication and computer systems made available by the organization.
• Plan and coordinate the full range services for clients, utilizing the internal resources of International SOS and external correspondents where necessary.
• Reliably escalate cases and requests where required by company protocols.
• Ensure that logistical arrangements are communicated to all stakeholders in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Coordinate cases effectively and efficiently in accordance with internal and client specific Operations and Billings procedures
• Manage cases with a sense of responsibility and urgency, proactively working around barriers and demonstrating a passion for achieving the best outcomes for our clients and subscribers.
• Seek and listen to customer feedback and escalate for quality improvement. Take responsibility for correcting customer service problems promptly.
• Provide fully comprehensive billing information together with cost estimates where relevant – securing payment prior to delivery of services to non-clients. Recognize and escalate any opportunities for cost containment.
• Ensure that cases are correctly prepared for hand-over to the billing department.
• Manage an allocated load of cases within the shift and ensure that case details and direction are communicated appropriately and efficiently in the transmission handover.
• Effectively manage and communicate workload and movements to the line manager.
• Forward relevant information to assist with the development of the network of service providers.
• Establish responsive relationships both within International SOS and externally.
• Positively promote International SOS.
• Work harmoniously with colleagues and other Assistance Centres and maintain a safe and comfortable working environment by ensuring that shared workstations are kept clean and tidy at all times.
• Consistently demonstrate the Company Values; work within and promote all International SOS’ policies and procedures; follow International SOS internal guidelines and standards.
• Attend training and meetings as and when required.
• Actively develop own skills, knowledge and an area of personal interest to improve personal performance and add value to the team.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the manager.
What we’re looking for:
- Typically, at least 1-2 years of experience in logistics and customer service is required.
- Experience working in logistics, travel and/or healthcare sector is desirable.
- Experience in phone-based or call centre environment is desirable.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, International Business, Language or related field strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with a customer-centric mindset, to handle health and security concerns for our members.
- Critical thinking and organizational skills to handle a variety of situations.
- A passion to help people, and natural empathetic approach.
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office and other systems and applications in a professional setting.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
The following shift work patterns are scheduled (month to month):
- 3×13 hour shifts (4 days off) for days and night
- 4×10 hours shifts (3 days off) for days only
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
International SOS Assistance, Inc. requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowable under the law, unless the employee is approved for a reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions or a sincerely held religious belief that prevents the employee from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment.
- Additionally, if you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, you will be required to apply for and receive a reasonable accommodation as a condition of employment. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your accommodation request is granted, you will undergo weekly COVID testing, if working in one of our offices. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment will be terminated.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on tendersglobal.net
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.