Search for Common Ground
The Program Implementation team has oversight for the implementation of Search’s programs and projects in its country offices, in accordance with Search and donor policies and procedures. The Program Implementation team works on the full life-cycle of the project, from the start-up phase to the full close-out. This involves designing work plans, implementing activities, reporting, financial management, and staffing management. The Program Implementation team collaborates with other departments, including Finance, Institutional Learning, Programs, Global Affairs and Partnerships, Human Resources, Supply Chain and Information Technology.
- Program support regarding facilitating events, communications, and logistics.
- Donor engagement support, which involves developing proposals and outreach.
- Operational support, including assessing potential partners, developing communications content, evaluating Search’s objectives and administrative tasks.
- Events Support
- Provide planning, organization and facilitation support for events and local partner/stakeholder training.
- Participate in field visits to locations where ongoing programs are being implemented, subject to security clearance.
- Assist in reviewing donor reports, project evaluations, and baseline assessments for Iraq projects.
- Assist with online communications, including writing new project synopsis, project updates, social media and blog posts, compiling success stories, and staff reflections/interviews.
- Support partner communications including through the drafting of emails and participation in regular coordination meetings.
- Logistics Support
- Assist with finance procedures, including the submission of payment requests.
- Organize online folders and program documentation.
Donor Engagement Support
- Proposal Development
- Provide desk and background research for security, operational, and political updates to inform proposals.
- Provide copy-editing support for concept notes and other proposal materials.
- Edit English-language external communications on Iraq programming and project team visits, such as event flyers, one-page program updates, and donor communications.
- Assist in mapping current opportunities for donor engagement.
- Attend and support donor meetings by providing preparatory documents, including research on donor priorities and a meeting agenda, as well as recording the meeting minutes.
- Undertake mapping of potential partner organizations in Iraq.
- Support the subawards assessment process for potential partners.
- Assist in developing communications framework.
- Develop content for social media pages, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Draft and edit content on programs in Iraq to upload to Search’s global website.
- Strategic Support
- Assist Search Iraq team to evaluate key programmatic objectives and undertake annual planning.
- Support with updating core strategic files with senior management.
- Assist with knowledge management tasks (e.g. maintaining contact databases and ensuring the consistent online filing of documents).
- Support with meeting logistics and staff travel planning.
- Perform other supportive, administrative, and minor office management duties as needed.
- Ensure note taking for staff team meetings.
- nfuses organizational Values into all work and be committed to safeguarding and child protection responsibilities.
- Other duties that are broadly in line with the above key contributions as assigned.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Skills and Competencies
- BA or MA (completed or in progress) in international relations, conflict resolution, Middle East Studies, international development, or a related field.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills in English.
- High level of analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Prior international or cross-cultural experience.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Iraq geography and understanding of the various ethnic, religious and cultural groups and their history.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on tasks small and large.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can visit below link to apply:
Deadline for Applications is February 25, 2023.
Selection will be made on a rolling basis and we therefore advise you to submit your completed application as soon as possible.
To apply, interested candidates should submit the following items:
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration– Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults. Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.