UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives.
To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Commitment
UNICEF Thailand Country Office works to ensure the rights of all children in Thailand. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
To know more about the work of UNICEF in Thailand, please visit here: https://www.unicef.org/thailand/
How can you make a difference?
The internship’s primary purpose is to assist the UNICEF Thailand social media team in producing high-quality, relatable, and ethical content for UNICEF Thailand channels promoting issues relevant to the mandate of UNICEF in Thailand. Drafting social media messages and creating social media assets in various formats (graphics, photo essays, videos, etc.) is the essence of this assignment. Furthermore, the intern will work to develop a database of digital influencers that could be engaged to support UNICEF’s mission in Thailand. The intern will assist UNICEF’s social media team in identifying ongoing social media trends and propose tactics for UNICEF to capitalize on them.
• Participate in strategic decision-making, researching, and brainstorming ideas for original content
• Create engaging content (photos, videos, graphics, and messages in both Thai and English)
• Support community management of our profile(s), including responding to comments and messages
• Develop a database of digital influencers and support the social media team to produce a digital influencer strategy
• Monitor trends and proactively suggest tactics to improve reach and engagement
Duration of Contract: Five months (Tentative start date: immediately)
Working Schedule: Part-Time, minimum 20 hours per week.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
• Be enrolled in an advanced/undergraduate university degree (Master’s or higher) in Bangkok, Thailand
• Be passionate and interested in learning more about child rights, SDGs, and UNICEF’s goals and mission.
• Have a deep understanding of social media platforms and keen to keep up with social media trends
• Be a creative thinker, with a proactive attitude, and keen to participate and work in a team
• Have outstanding writing skills in Thai and good command of the English language
• Be well organized and structured, with good attention to detail
• Be available to dedicate around 20 hours weekly to this assignment
• Ability to create simple graphic content using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or Canva will be advantageous
Conditions of Intern:
- Expenses: Stipend according to UNICEF’s guideline is applicable.
- Health/Medical insurance: UNICEF accepts no responsibility for costs or fatality arising from illness or accidents incurred during the internship whether on or off UNICEF premises. The intern must carry adequate and regular medical insurance. The intern will be required to provide with a proof of medical insurance prior to commence work.
- Confidentiality. The intern is required to respect the confidentiality of information that s/he collect or is exposed to at UNICEF. No reports or papers may be published based on information obtained from UNICEF without the explicit written authorization by the Head of Office or Division Director.
- Impartiality. The intern is required to respect the impartiality and independence required of UNICEF and will not seek or accept instructions regarding the services performed under the internship agreement from any Government or from any authority external to UNICEF.
- Employment Prospects. There is no expectance of employment at the end of the internship.
Provision of Supervising and Monitoring:
The intern will work under the supervision of Chief of Communication, UNICEF Thailand Country Office (TCO).
How to apply:
Interested individuals are requested to submit the following documents no later than 6 April 2023.
- Application letter
- Two letters of recommendation by the former employer and/or university
- A copy of transcript
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity, and Integrity, and core competencies in Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
• Works collaboratively with others (L1)
• Drive to achieve results (L1)
• Innovates and embraces change (L1)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract.
Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to selected candidates who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their contracts.
Advertised: 24 Mar 2023 SE Asia Standard Time
Deadline: 06 Apr 2023 SE Asia Standard Time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.