University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn’s vaccine requirements, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
IT Administrative Coordinator
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The position provides high-level administrative and project support to the School of Nursing.
The IT Services department is seeking a motivated individual with strong customer service skills and an affinity for technology to join the Penn Nursing team as an administrative coordinator. Located at the front desk, this position provides professional front line customer service and administrative coordination for the Information Technology Services (ITS) and Building Operations departments, which share an office suite. The admin coordinator will coordinate intake of people and issues needing assistance from IT or Facilities, as well as assist with issue tracking and follow-up. Develop and maintain systems to ensure efficient management of all IT and Ops contracts, license agreements, purchasing, and invoicing. Coordinate all PO creation and purchasing for ITS and Operations. Monitor and track budget and expenditures. Coordinate web content updates for the public-facing site as well as the two departmental Sharepoint sites. Provide administrative support for the department, including coordinating staff meetings and events, conference room scheduling, supply ordering, and some calendar management for the Sr Leadership Team. Serve as an initial point of contact for visitors to the ITS/Ops office. Provide basic support for common IT or facility issues, and escalate to the Service Desk or higher tiers as necessary.
Work Location Information: This position is not eligible for remote work, and is located on campus Monday through Friday.
1) Coordinate administrative operations requiring initiative and sound judgment for the ITS and Operations dept.; develop and maintain systems to ensure efficient management of all contracts, license agreements, purchasing, and invoicing; monitor and track budget and expenditures. Coordinate web content updates; conduct follow-up on special projects in support of departmental. goals and priorities.
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure efficient administrative operations including all contracts and license agreements to ensure timely renewal and compliance.
- Coordinate purchasing for the depts. serving as an efficient resource steward of dept. funds; maintain inventory, order supplies and equipment using current University systems to prepare and track purchase requisitions and to ensure timely invoice payment.
- Monitor and review ITS & Ops operating budget expenditures; serve as liaison between departments to re-classify expenditures as appropriate; reconcile accounts, investigate and resolve discrepancies working in liaison with the business office and dept. leadership team; assist in the budgeting process.
- Coordinate and maintain the web content integrity for the ITS & Ops websites working in collaboration with the team.
- Coordinate follow-up on a wide range of special projects to support department goals and priorities; assist the CIO in the development of templates, flow charts and presentations; prepare project proposals, timeframes and budgets; assist with the creation of project documentation, plans and reports; monitor and track progress on dept. projects.
- Maintain current knowledge of School and University structure and operations in order to provide a high level of solution-driven problem solving.
- Facilitate efficient office workflow to enhance productivity.
2) Provide administrative support for the department; coordinate and staff meetings and events, manage scheduling, meeting preparation, and materials for the senior leadership team; compose correspondence, serve as an initial point of contact for visitors to the ITS/Ops office suite; greet and respond to all in a friendly and professional manner.
- Coordinate and support all departmental meetings and event planning; includes all logistics, materials and staffing of meetings as needed; conduct follow-up to ensure thorough and timely meeting plan implementation, room reservations and setup; handle calendar invites, attendance tracking; draft, finalize and distribute meeting agendas, minutes and materials as needed.
- Manage some meeting scheduling and preparation for the Sr. Leadership Team
- Compose, type and proofread correspondence including memos, letters and e-mails
- Coordinate travel plans as needed; process expense reimbursements and reconcile credit card expenditures.
- Serve as an initial point of contacts for visitors to the ITS/ops office; greet and respond to all customers and visitors in a friendly and professional manner; triage departmental phone calls and take accurate and complete messages.
- Develop and maintain electronic and hard copy department. filing and tickler systems to ensure efficient follow-up.
3) Provide basic first-tier technical and facilities support by phone, email, and at the front desk for all School of Nursing’s faculty, staff and students; escalate to service desk or ops team as appropriate.
- Serve as primary intake for users regarding technical issues and services, or facilities issues
- Proficiency in both Mac and Windows environments
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic “how-to” problems; escalate as needed to next-tier support
4) Perform additional/other duties as assigned
High School Grad/GE Degree, and 5 to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.High School Diploma required, BA/BS strongly preferred, with 3-5 years progressively responsible administrative experience in customer service or financial roles a plus. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and a desire to learn and grow are essential. Solid written and oral communication skills with the ability to compose and edit written documents needed. Working understanding and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required. Experience with basic website editing is preferred. Prior Penn systems (Ben Financials, Concur) and knowledge of University policies and procedures preferred.
Job Location – City, State
Department / School
School of Nursing
$20.45 – $30.82
Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Tuition: Take advantage of Penn’s exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you’ll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.