EnCompass LLC is seeking an IT Assistant to provide administrative support to the team. This is an entry-level position for a detail-oriented individual with an affinity for technology, an ability to interact with staff at all levels, and an interest in learning about the role of an IT department in a growing company.
Key functions include providing support to new hires, supervisors, and IT colleagues during the pre-start and onboarding processes and keeping trackers and databases up to date; therefore, excellent interpersonal skills and deep attention to detail are required.
This is a full-time position on location at EnCompass headquarters, in Silver Spring, Maryland. This position will be using the EnCompass hybrid work model with some days per week in the office. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day administrative support
- Maintain the IT Compass site, collaborating with the IT team, the Senior Knowledge Management and Learning Manager, and Talent Development, as appropriate, for content needs
- Coordinate with HR, the IT team, and EnCompass supervisors, as need, to complete pre-start and onboarding tasks for new hires to include:
- Sending welcome emails
- Updating trackers and employee inventory database with each IT task as it’s been finished
- Tracking the new hire IT set-up form process, communicating with supervisors and/or HR, as appropriate, if tasks aren’t completed or incomplete on time
- Coordinate with Supervisor and IT Coordinator, upon staff departures, to update employee inventory list
- Support equipment purchases and inventory management.
- Coordinate with Finance to reconcile credit cards used by IT, as needed, including create and track IT’s purchase and procurement request (PPR) forms
- Support transitions to new systems, platforms, and applications
- Assist staff in use of computer and video equipment in the conference rooms
- Monitor and maintain inventory of all company electronic assets
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma and 2-3 years of experience working in an office environment; Associate’s degree and 1 years of experience; Bachelor’s degree
Experience and Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with staff at all levels of the company
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly explain technical issues to non-technical users and vice versa.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Ability to work in an appreciative environment with colleagues and clients
Estimated Pay Range for this Position
The pay range for this role allows for the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, certifications, and other business and organizational needs. At EnCompass, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $49,200-$56,700
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
If you require accommodations in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act to complete your application, please call 301-287-8700, provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case-basis, and we will call you back within approximately 3 business days.
How to apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application online.