MAG (Mines Advisory Group)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop database based on the requirments using Excel/MySQL, PHP and Laravel framework.
- Manage current MAG database systems.
- Install computer software following MAG IT standard policy.
- Investigate user problems, determine their source and determine possible solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain PCs, network cabling, and printers, scanners and and other related equipment or devices.
- Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
- Implement the network security, data backup and plan for disaster recovery data.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Document all the network problems that we face and the action taken for the future reference.
- Travel to bases when required to provide IT maintenance, training and support to sectors.
- Any other tasks assigned by IT Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject.
- Minimum of 4 years of development.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Good working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, Laravel framework
- Ability to install, configures, and maintains personal computers, and related hardware and software.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Better experience with Mysqil PHP will be an asset.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Self-Organized, team player and ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a small team.
- Good literacy, numeracy and general IT skills (e.g. Word/Excel).
- Good in written and spoken English.
- Ability to maintain clear record keeping systems to monitor supply chain and asset management.
- The ability to communicate both in person and on paper.
- Negotiation skills.
Application procedure for the position
All interested candidates in apply for this position should send their updated CV in English to this email address [email protected] Please note that candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered. All Applicants must mention the job title (IT Officer – Web Developer) in subject line of their email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- With no job title in the subject line,
- Sent through links and
- Duplicate applications will be disqualified.
Closing date for applications is 12-Feb-2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please note that as part of MAG’s commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed”.
“MAG is committed to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. If you think you would be suited in this role we would welcome your application regardless of your background. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential”
Please also note that MAG’s employees do not engage in any offers related to job vacancies and tendering and MAG Iraq doesn’t have any recruitment intermediaries to hire services on its behalf.
MAG therefore denounces any fraudulent or dishonest impersonations and will take disciplinary, legal or any other appropriate measures against anyone proven to have been involved in fraud, bribery, or corruption, or anyone who was aware of its existence and did not take any action against it.
To report any such cases, please reach out to us via e-mail: [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.