Inter-American Development Bank
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position:
We are looking for an engaged, results-driven, and client-centric Information Technology (IT) Project Manager. As IT Project Manager, you will support the implementation of several new and on-going IT initiatives, leading the necessary coordination between the IT Department (ITE) and multiple IDB departments.
You will work as a Project Manager / Business Partner, as part of the ITE/IPX unit, in the ITE department. This team serves as the strategic interface with several IDB Departments and Offices with the purpose of business technology delivery and relationship management.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as project coordinator and facilitator including managing project-related activities and supporting the (internal) technical teams with the interfacing of the project, through all the stages of the project – from requirements through production support.
- Manage activities to support and coordinate with vendors responsible for project deliverables, including enabling their onboarding, tracking their deliverables execution, and ensuring these are aligned to IDB’s standards and procedure, and performing a quality delivery review.
- Manage multiple competing priorities within and between different projects.
- Facilitate discussions between business and technical teams towards finding creative, sustainable, and efficient design and implementation solutions.
- Coordinate technical meetings between ITE projects that share dependencies with the project.
- Oversee the project implementation schedule and ensure timely execution, reporting and escalation of any risks that need timely mitigation.
- Provide support in meetings with business clients and stakeholders from IADB departments, ensuring that the business requirements are being captured, designed and implemented adequately and with quality, and provide the required follow-up.
- Coordinate and manage any the training and change management actions.
- Draft communication summaries and presentation of key decision items, status reporting, and project risk and issues.
What you’ll need:
- Master’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Engineering Management or other fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role. A master’s degree in project management is highly desirable.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in IT project management. Experience in managing implementations in SAP, Salesforce and ServiceNow is preferable.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
RFP A Gender-Responsive Assessment of Potentials, Opportunities, and ChallengesUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Principal PPP Advisory UnitEuropean Bank for Reconstruction and DevelopmentTashkent, UzbekistanTashkent, Uzbekistan
Coordination AdviserUnited Nations Documentation Division, Department for General Assembly and Conference Management (DGACM)Port of Spain, Trinidad and TobagoPort of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
90_Procurement of quadcopters for SES in Zaporizhzhia and Kherson oblastsUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere