Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid
Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid (MH) is a leading Iraqi NGO, founded in 2004 with the goal of saving lives and preserving human dignity. Mercy Hands is headquartered in Baghdad, and several Satellite Offices across Iraq, and one Regional Office in Erbil. Mercy Hands is currently active in the following humanitarian sectors: emergency aid, civil society and democratization, peace-building, protection, and health. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mercyhands.org
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager the IT Trainer is responsible for the education of assigned students and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for learning and personal growth. The Trainer will establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education, and do so in accordance with each student’s ability. Professional relations will be also developed and maintained with other staff.
- Teach IT, developing and utilizing the provided curriculum by project management.
- Develop lesson plans, adapt the curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques.
- Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
- Create/develop curricula and teach the soft skills required for learners’ future work environments.
- Maintain class organization and discipline.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Devise and utilize techniques that accurately measure student progress.
- Evaluate students’ academic and personal growth keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas.
- Perform other job duties as required.
Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- Keep appropriate records of pupils’ work.
- Mark and return the work set, including homework within an agreed and reasonable time.
- Adhere to the project’s policies at all times.
- Carry out assessment programs, as agreed by the project management.
- Report issues of concern to the appropriate senior staff.
- Maintain an accurate register of attendance and do everything possible to encourage good attendance.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary to Performance of Essential Functions:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher), preferably in IT field.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school staff, district staff, and patrons.
- Communicates effectively.
- Knowledge of State Core Curriculum and Board of Education adopted guidelines.
This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so constructed.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. And the post holder should be aware that new tasks can be added later by project management
Please send your relevant diplomas, at least 3 reference persons, CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position in English language and your earliest possible start date to [email protected],
with the subject line: Application – IT Trainer, EMPACT 2022 Anbar
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.