About the Position
Reporting to the Project Accountant, the Junior Project Accountant will lead the delivery of quality financial management of the Global Bilateral Project and Initiatives Program. This role includes insuring that all project transactions are correctly accounted for, compliant with donor expectations, documented and properly reported.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure financial records are submitted and financial information is entered into OCS (accounts system) on time following WorldFish / donor’s financial rules and regulations.
- Ensure that project expenses are accounted for accurately in the system, and reported to the donor, according to agreed timelines.
- Assist in project management and project administration from project initiation to project closure including, but not limited to, maintaining proper project accounting files and master data, and responding to external and internal queries.
- Reconcile project bank account(s), project subsidiary ledgers and records to control accounts and with relevant parties, where applicable.
- Ensuring that all donor-purchased assets are updated in system.
- Ensure partner financial management (i.e. financial input to Program Participant Agreement (PPA), advance monitoring and review of partner expenditure) are compliant with WorldFish and donor’s financial rules and regulations.
- Assist the Regional Finance and Operations Manager with the financial and grants management and administrative matters of the project and provide financial support regarding the annual work plan and budget ensuring the cost efficiency and value-for-money at every stage.
- Support staff in the budgeting and forecasting of project activities and reporting them to the donor and other stakeholders.
- Perform all other relevant duties that may be needed to ensure the overall efficient implementation of the Bilateral Project and Initiatives Program.
- Undertake other tasks as appropriate to further advance relevant strategies and initiatives and as discussed with WorldFish and One-CGIAR’s leadership.
This job might be for you if you have the below skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar and working towards qualification as a Chartered Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent). Part-qualification will be considered with strong work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive post qualification relevant experience aligned to the key responsibilities for this role.
- Must be conversant with international accounting standards i.e. IFRS / IAS.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Teams applications and hands-on experience with reputable ERP systems such as Oracle and SAP.
- Experience of working with teams across geographical borders with strong sense of professionalism, business ethics and integrity.
- Excellent command of English language – both written and verbal.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years working experience in the international non-profit organization.
- Experience working for a USAID/EU donor funded project in a similar capacity.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
National consultant for climate change and children/adolescents United Nations Children's Fund Experience: 5 to 10 Years Tirana, Albania Apply By: 08-06-2023AnywhereAnywhere
National Project Coordinator – NOB (DC)United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)Nairobi, KenyaNairobi, Kenya
Renovation of Herat Multi-Drug Resistance TB Ward, Regional Reference Lab, and PUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
National Project Officer – NOA (DC)United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)Nairobi, KenyaNairobi, Kenya