Ecosystems Knowledge Network
Early application encouraged – the vacancy will remain open until filled. The first set of interviews are expected to be held in Oxfordshire late January 2023.
The award-winning Ecosystems Knowledge Network has a unique mission to harness the role of
environmental restoration in the UK for everyone’s wellbeing and prosperity. We achieve our mission by
enabling the effective sharing of know-how between different sectors, professional groups and
geographical settings throughout the UK. Our small team is dedicated to serving our diverse
membership of over 3,000 professionals UK-wide, as well as many others who want to discover what our
mission looks like in practice.
- A ‘people person’ who enjoys networking and has an eye for innovation and good
- Motivated by the opportunity to harness the value of the UK natural environment for wellbeing and prosperity?
- Able to apply your mind to the full spectrum of topics relating to the
stewardship of land, water and nature in the UK?
Then why not apply for the role of Knowledge Exchange Leader at Ecosystems Knowledge Network? It will put you at the heart
of a transformation towards people-centred stewardship of land, water and nature in the UK.
Job title and key terms
Knowledge Exchange Leader, Ecosystems Knowledge Network. 12-month contract, starting as soon as possible in 2023. Any extension to the first year is contingent on performance and funding.
Home-based, but with the option of working from our office within an award-winning Business Park beside the River Thames in
Oxfordshire, or another co-working space local to you. Occasional travel to meetings throughout the UK, and monthly meetings at our office in Oxfordshire.
Main purpose of the role
To support the efficient delivery of the Network’s vision and mission through effective
Key tasks and duties
- Researching, drafting and editing high-quality content for EKN’s own communications
(e-news, social media and website) and external publications (trade and professional media).
- Organising online and face-to-face seminars, workshops and conferences. This includes event
design, liaison with participants and external contributors, hosting and evaluating feedback.
- Developing the Ecosystems Knowledge Network’s paid-for learning services, including live training courses and e-Learning.
- Responding to project-related and general enquiries by email and telephone, liaising with
colleagues as appropriate.
- Supporting member learning needs and facilitating shared learning.
- Representing the Ecosystems Knowledge
Network at external events, proactively pursuing new contacts arising and
generating ideas for activities.
- Other organisational and knowledge exchange tasks as may be required to support the smooth
running and the advancement of the Network.
Responsibilities for other persons and resources
- Running events in accordance with budgets.
- Management of freelance and other external support.
- Oversight of occasional interns.
Qualifications and professional standing
- Higher education qualification that required a high standard of English language skills.
- Qualification relating to the natural and/or built environment.
- Writing and editing of text targeted at a range of professional audiences (such as
planning, public health and transport).
- Experience in developing website content, including digital media.
- Delivery of training to colleagues or customers.
- Work in a small, dynamic public-facing organisation.
- Use of specialist software and on-line services for desktop publishing and e-marketing.
- Professional use of social media to fulfil organisational objectives.
- Sharing project findings via trade and mass media.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, suited to engaging with senior staff in the public,
private and third sectors.
- The ability to respond well to a dynamic list of work tasks, seeking advice from colleagues
in order to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated, well-organised and able to work effectively while not in the same office as colleagues.
- Ability to work in an impartial manner, respecting knowledge in all professions and
- A proven interest in improving the stewardship of the UK’s natural environment,
demonstrated over at least three years of relevant employment.
- Understanding of the role of different professions in environmental stewardship in the UK.
- A proven interest in social enterprise.
- The capacity and willingness to travel within the UK, with occasional overnight stays.
How to apply
Send a CV of no more than two pages to Erika Hulewicz at [email protected]. Please also attach a covering letter highlighting why you would be able to excel in the role of Knowledge Exchange Leader at Ecosystems Knowledge Network.
Please apply only if you have the right to be employed within the UK. Ecosystems Knowledge Network is an equal opportunities employer.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngojobstenders.net) you saw this internship posting.