Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Knowledge Management Lead (KML) plays a key role in facilitating and improving Dexis business operations. The KML takes a leadership role in internal communications and knowledge management, maintaining and improving DexNet, the Dexis intranet, as the primary go‐to source for Dexis staff to find and contribute information and knowledge they need to do their jobs. The KML also leads efforts to maintain Dexis’ ISO 9001‐certified quality management system (QMS), which demonstrates a corporate commitment to client satisfaction, continual improvement, and high standards of service.
The KML will independently manage day to day work activities that are technical in nature as they serve as an enterprise expert in the areas of knowledge management and quality. The KML will collaborate with a broad number of enterprise stakeholders to advise and direct on policies and procedures. The KML is expected to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal teams; translate needs into specific quality outcomes in a timely manner; and have significant impact on the achievement of corporate knowledge management goals and objectives.
The Knowledge Management Lead reports to the Deputy Director of Operations.
- Leads knowledge management efforts, including hosting a routine KM Corner presentation/Q&A/discussion, to increase: 1) staff knowledge about Dexis as a company, our corporate values, and the work we do; and 2) staff awareness of and adherence to policies, procedures, and how Dexis conducts business.
- Advises and directs support departments on policies and procedures to improve content and management.
- Serves as the primary administrator of DexNet, leading efforts to maintain and continually improve a cohesive, user‐friendly company‐wide intranet in coordination with the COO, IT, and other teams.
- Maintains internal databases as part of intranet maintenance including CPAR database, project directory, and staff directory.
- Works with Departments and Divisions to ensure their DexNet pages and content are up to date and updated no less than quarterly.
- Coordinates quarterly knowledge exchanges on program and technical topics with a broader planning committee.
- Owns Control of Records policy and supports teams in setting up and using project SharePoint sites and standard folder and file taxonomies.
- Coordinates across departments and divisions to identify and capture valuable knowledge, such as best practices, lessons learned, and expertise.
- Identifies and transforms manual processes into automation, leveraging tools like Power Automate to automate processes, reduce manual effort, and improve accuracy.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Director of Communications, promotes and shares knowledge throughout the organization by creating awareness of existing knowledge resources and providing guidance on how to use them.
- Facilitates after‐action reviews to capture knowledge on project management topics such as start‐up and close‐out, and ensure dissemination of findings.
- Leads efforts to maintain Dexis’ ISO 9001 certification, including managing the internal and external audit processes.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on important data including (but not limited to) Dexis Quality Objectives, employee surveys, and vendor performance.
- Coordinates with project teams and supports Departments to develop and refine project management and operations policies, processes, and initiatives.
- Leads QMS document development and revision process in conjunction with content owners, audiences, and executive team to ensure successful implementation of new/updated resources.
- Manages policies/procedures related quality management (e.g., Subcontractor Performance Assessment Report (SPAR) procedure)
- Ensures new staff receive QMS training and an orientation to Dexis policies, processes, and resources in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of/experience in federal contracting, international development, and/or project management; experience with USAID programs preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and experience related to knowledge management, policy development, and process improvement and development
- Experiences in quality management, and/or ISO 9001 processes preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with experience in SharePoint, especially intranet development
- Motivated, able to take the initiative, work under minimal supervision to achieve results, and adapt to changing requirements as needed
- Highly organized, able to prioritize competing tasks, keep good records, and manage limited time
- Communicative, using clear language to share ideas in writing and speech
- Collaborative, working productively with all Dexis and external counterparts
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
If you are hired for a position that is paid from the Dexis home office, you will be required to submit proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine unless you qualify for a legally recognized medical or religious exception to the vaccine requirement. This does not apply to AL, AZ, FL, KS, MT, NH, ND, or TX residents.