United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC)
Posting Title: Landscape Designer
Department/Office: United Nations Logistic Base
Duty Station: BRINDISI
Posting Period: 18 May 2022 – 26 May 2022
Job Opening Number: 22-United Nations Logistic Base-180926-Individual Contractor
Staffing Exercise N/A
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Result of Service
The Individual Contractor will actively participate and/or serve in a supporting role by performing various types of tasks within the UNGSC premises, including, but not limited to:
– Participate in all phases of projects’ process (research, planning, analysis/inventory, design, construction documents, and construction phase services);
– Accurately plan and design compelling concept plans and/or proposals of functional and attractive layouts of indoor and outdoor spaces;
– Review plans, proposed changes, and any other necessary documents;
– Prepare highly detailed and accurate final plans and drawings, including site details;
– Implement and complete all detailed design projects/plans in accordance with indicated requests and instructions aimed at designing, producing, renewing and preserving outside and inside spaces;
– Checking and oversee progression of projects so as to ensure their timely and effective completion;
– Report any major issues for handling to the Chief Campus Support and/or the Team Leader
– Liaise with relevant Supervisors/Project Managers and other technicians, as necessary, for expert advice when implementing any project;
– Ensure that material handling is performed in the most productive and efficient manner;
– Adhere to UNGSC Safety and Health rules and regulations when performing each assigned task.
– Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Campus Support and/or the Team Leader (Service Cell and Registry).
The proposed Candidate will be engaged as soon as possible for 3 (three) months.
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all peacekeeping and special political missions around the world as well as to other UN Offices, Agencies Funds and Programs.
This locally recruited position is located in the Service Cell and Registry of Campus Support Unit, within the Central Service (CS), at the UNGSC, Brindisi, Italy.
The UNGSC Campus Support Cell wishes to hire one Individual Contractor for an overall period of three months, in order to quickly, flexibly and effectively respond to the following organizational emergencies/priorities:
– Design of UNGSC premises/areas;
– Design of the Cafeteria located in Building 228;
– Design of the entrance of the UNGSC main Buildings (254, 94, B, etc.).
The Individual Contractor will report to the Chief Campus Support Cell and/or to the Team Leader.
Academic Qualifications: High School Diploma is required.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, in general construction/engineering services or facilities maintenance/management within an organization or a private company is required.
Experience in landscaping (landscape trends, features, techniques and plans) or a related field is required.
Experience in using 3D environment (including AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Valid driver’s license is required.
Language: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN Official Language is an asset.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.