With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The job purpose of the Project Manager (PM) is to provide overall leadership, management, oversight and coordination of the entire project, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, planning, staffing, implementation and quality assurance, as well as reporting.
PM will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments. This individual shall act as the key liaison between the European Union (EU) delegation and all other counterparts, implementing partners and stakeholders involved with the project. Location of the project in Armenia are Shirak, Lori, Tavush and Gegharkunik marzes.
The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience in developing projects and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines. The incumbent will manage the project staff, lead the engagement with stakeholders and ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of all planned activities. In addition, s/he will provide strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees while ensuring the security, feasibility, and long-term sustainability of the project. The position supervises implementation in the target areas.
Leading Equality and Access for Disabilities Project is focusing on supporting ICF (International Classification of Functioning) roll-out in Armenia. It is structured to enhance the capacity and resilience of Armenian civil society organizations as trusted, independent and effective actors via advancing participatory practices empowering Disabled Peoples Organisations as key elements of the disability support ecosystem through provision of policy and regulatory enforcement levers, embedding needs of persons with disabilities into policy delivery mechanisms, as well as channeling innovative instruments towards improving quality of life standards across regions of Armenia and among all types of beneficiaries.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership and direction, define and implement activities to achieve the greatest impact toward project goals and objectives,
- Implement ICF (International Classification of Functioning) framework roll-out in Armenia,
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relations with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, as well as various other government entities in Armenia,
- Develop, review, and monitor yearly work and performance plans in coordination with key project staff, in order to ensure long-term and short-term priorities are on track,
- Recruit, hire, and manage national staff, consultants and subcontractors as needed to carry out activities,
- Manage all the stakeholders, institutions/ organizations that are engaged in promotion of equal rights of persons with disabilities in Armenia and outside, to learn from experience of countries with successful practices, in order to provide evidence-based recommendation to feed the policy agenda in Armenia,
- Manage local partners to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements,
- Support project staff by creating and maintaining work environment that promotes teamwork, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility,
- Support implementation of WVs and EU Delegation security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues. Address local staffing and personnel issues related to security,
- Maintain active and cooperative relationships with all key stakeholders, including government officials, project partners, other implementing agencies, and related institutions,
- Represent the project and the organization in the public and ensuring the distribution of information about project achievements and lesson learned,
- Maintain working knowledge of project financials, working with and supporting the financial officer to ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place and being followed,
- Manage project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors. Ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits,
- Liaise with National and local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate. Facilitate learning of best practices on projects technical areas and other donor organizations,
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate and professional reports that meet donor requirements,
- Report to the EU Delegation when requested through both formal and informal debriefings, annual and semi-annual reports,
- Establish clear and frequent communication regarding project progress and oversight management with the donor,
- Perform other relevant tasks, as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Master’s degree in related field or equivalent qualifications in grant management and technical field in developing countries,
- 5+ years of extensive international development experience in managing projects,
- Awareness on ICF (International Classification of Functioning) framework,
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively to maintain productive relationships with the various government entities in Armenia, in particular the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs,
- Thorough knowledge of the sector, experience in advocacy, policy development, with focus on promotion of equal rights of persons with disabilities,
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams,
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, their policies and regulations,
- Ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals,
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working with host-country professionals, ministries and with donor colleagues in country,
- Strong presentation and report writing skills,
- Good computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook,
- Ability to work with databases and documents,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure,
- Good interpersonal skills and team building and team motivation skills,
- Analytical and critical thinking.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.