University of Melbourne
Job no: 0058445
Role type: Full-time; Fixed-term initially until December 2023
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, and Health Sciences
Department/School: Centre for Digital Transformation of Health
Salary: UOM 7 – $98,402 – $106,519 p.a. plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About The Centre for Digital Transformation of Health
The Centre for Digital Transformation of Health is a cross-disciplinary centre that sits in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, and the School of Computing and Information Systems.
With a vision of connected healthcare, the Centre aims to address a critical gap in the translation of digital health research, which is clearly needed if the healthcare system is to benefit from research-led advances in digital health.
About the Role
As Learning Designer, you will be a key member of the team in a consortium with CSIRO and HL7 Australia that is delivering a national training program commissioned and funded by the Australian Digital Health Agency, the federal government agency responsible for digital health in Australia. The goal of this high-profile, national program is to build workforce capacity across Australia to deliver on national plans for the implementation of modern interoperability standards for healthcare IT (called FHIR).
- Leading the course development process for a suite of FHIR training courses including the iterative design and development of curricula and learning materials
- Developing online FHIR training courses to be coherent, engaging and high-quality and implementing them in the University’s Learning Management System (LMS).
- Applying learning design frameworks and priorities for online learning to all agreed FHIR training courses
This role is an exceptional opportunity for a Learning Designer to work on a high-profile, federally-funded program that addresses a national workforce priority.
You will display exceptionally high standards of professional behaviour, including advanced communication and interpersonal skills. You have high-level analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail. You show a solid understanding of pedagogy, and experience in the design and delivery of online education and training programs. Your ability to problem solve within tight timelines through creative thinking and demonstrated strong work ethic will be key to your success.
You will also have:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification with substantial relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience in applied educational design for the development of curriculum-based, high quality online learning resources and experiences
- Proven ability to use effective educational design frameworks based on established models to align learning objectives, tasks and assessment
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits .
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected] .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.