The current operational and HR strategies (2020-2023) of MSF OCB (Operational Center Brussels) dictate the focus for learning & development (LnD) in the field. Within the HR Department, the People Development Hub aims to develop MSF’s people working globally, so they have the capacity and capabilities to meet MSF’s operational needs and objectives.
The People Development Hub is currently looking for a LnD Field Support Team Leader who will be in charge of managing the LnD Field Circle, which is one of the 3 circles that make up the People Development Hub.
This LnD Field circle will focus on supporting the field (notably the LnD profiles in the field) with the development and implementation of their Mission’s LnD Strategies, and the related policies and tools.
For the coming period, the emphasis is on improving the induction and onboarding, on management development, and on the implementation of sound LnD strategies, policies and processes adapted to local contexts and operational goals through competent field staff.
As LnD Field Support Team Leader, you will be ensuring that the LnD needs in the missions are being met, which will allow to increase the autonomy and quality in our projects and missions.
You will coordinate a team comprised of the HR Development MIOs (Mobile Implementation Officer) and the LnD Support Administrators. The team works in close collaboration with the LnD profiles and the HR Coordinators (HRCOs) in the field, and with the HR Officers and key actors in the People Development Hub at HQ level.
REMARK: The People Development Hub is re-designing its setup. This means that the set-up of the team, and the role of the Team Leader may change in the process. This may need some adaptability from your side. Depending on your starting date, you may be involved in the design phase of the restructuring.
The mission of the LnD Field Support Team is 2-fold:
- To co-design, develop, support, coach and advise the LnD profiles in the field. This support and advice are given in regard to the LnD Mission’s strategies, policies and tools, ensuring that they are connected to the operational needs in the mission and integrated into the HR mission strategy.
- To ensure that the LnD offers (learning events, mentoring and coaching, induction and onboarding, etc…) are deployed, known and accessible to all MSF staff.
The scope of responsibilities is based on 4 axes:
- Team management
- Co-define and monitor the team priorities in line with the LnD strategy
- Support, develop and empower the team members
- Ensure that the HR, Admin and Financial processes are respected (recruitment, budget, etc…)
- LnD Field support
- Ensure that the needed processes and resources are in place to support the field with their LnD needs
- Ensure that the HR Development actors in the field are well on-boarded, supported and empowered to be more autonomous in the implementation of strategy, policies, and processes in the Employee Development cycle phases (Recruitment, Induction, Learning, Performance & Feedback, Mobility)
- Promote the community of practice in the field related to LnD topics for HR Development (HR Dev) profiles
- Provide advice on the organizational LnD set-up in the field
- Deployment of the LnD initiatives
- Ensure that all the LnD initiatives are deployed, well communicated and accessible
- Share feedback on the current LnD initiatives in order to improve them and ensure their quality
- Co-design learning & development initiatives tailored to the country/ project, working in close collaboration with local &/or flex pool facilitators, other MIOs, and actors in the OCB LnD Unit
- Secure connection, coherence and involvement in the implementation of strategic focus areas
- Internal and external Communication
- Pro-actively strengthen the relation with all relevant stakeholders at HQ level, ensuring that any barriers to LnD field support can be lifted
- Actively participate in the LnD meetings and in all key discussions
- Actively engage with the counterparts in other OCs (Operational Centers) to promote alignment and share initiatives
- Strengthen the learning culture with the relevant stakeholders
Expériences / Formation
- University degree, preferably in Learning and Development, HR or related field
- Minimum 2 years of field experience (preferably with MSF) including at least 6 months in an LnD role
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in LnD in an international and complex context
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a coordination/managerial position
- Experience in managing diverse teams
- Experience in facilitation and training
Competencies and skills
- Strong strategic and advisory skills, proven capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Strong collaboration and coaching skills, good aptitude for dialogue with various stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Results oriented
- Project management skills
- People management and cross functional attitude
- Fluent in French and English
- Expected starting date: Mid November 2022
- Location*: Brussels (Belgium) or Abidjan (Ivory Coast)
- Up to 3 or 4 field visits per year
- Contract type: Open-ended contract – Full time
- For Brussels: Belgian contract; Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid; Meal Vouchers – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs – In-house canteen at fair prices
- For Abidjan: the contractual terms, conditions and salary will be established according to the place of work and in respect of MSF standard function and salary grids
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
* For Abidjan, the final outcome depends on local legal limitations (residency, work permit, etc.) and on agreement with the hosting MSF office in the location.
Deadline for applications: 25 October 2022
Please, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] and mention “LnD Field Support Team Leader” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.
Cliquez ici pour postuler