King's College London
The Department of Digital Humanities is seeking to appoint a Lecturer (Academic Education Pathway) in Digital Economy to contribute to the design and establishment of its online curricula; and to its teaching in this area. The post-holder will have a sound knowledge of the key concepts, theories, debates and challenges in digital economy, innovation management, information systems, algorithmic management, ecosystem orchestration, and digital transformation, with a PhD in a relevant area. We are especially interested in candidates with experience in designing and delivering high-quality online teaching in HE.
We are looking for a range of expertise to support our fast-expanding programmes, which may include work experience in the sector of study. We are particularly interested in the following areas to support our teaching: any aspect of digital economy, innovation studies; information systems; digital platforms; algorithmic management; and critical studies of technology. Furthermore, candidates with the potential for developing collaborations and knowledge exchange activities with commercial, industrial or third sector bodies are especially welcome.
The post-holder will make a significant contribution to organising, delivering, and administering research-informed teaching to the highest professional standards at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, especially for the MSc Digital Economy, including designing learning materials, convening modules, lecturing, seminar teaching, and providing formative and summative feedback. Post-holders will supervise dissertations at all levels, and undertake examining as required. Successful candidates will also undertake pastoral and administrative duties, including personal tutoring and contribution to Departmental, Faculty and University administration.
The Department is committed to building an equitable and diverse academic environment. We therefore welcome applicants from underrepresented communities and those who can demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion in teaching, research, mentoring and service.
There are two fixed term positions until June 2024. One post will be offered on a part time basis (50%FTE) and one will be offered on a full-time contract.
- Be accountable for the delivery of high-quality teaching to students both online and face-to-face
- Develop and improve teaching materials, reading lists, and where appropriate, interactive and practice led activities
- Contribute to the design and implementation of high-quality online programmes
- Assist in the preparation and assessment of assignments for core and optional modules
- Undertake the marking of coursework assignments and dissertations for core and optional modules
- Undertake dissertation supervision of BA and MA students
- Plan and manage their own teaching
- Contribute to collaborative decision making with colleagues on academic content and assessment of students’ work
- Evaluate current provision and identify areas for improvement particularly around student feedback
- Collaborate with the team in ensuring that students’ needs are identified and responded to in a timely fashion
- Respond to student feedback and to the further improvement and strategic development of programmes and modules
- Stay up to date with scholarship in the field in order to incorporate into teaching practice and contribute to teaching innovation
- Identify opportunities for the development of new teaching, lectures or exercises (or if need be modules) in your area of expertise and contribute fully to the development of such ideas
- Develop internal and external networks that foster collaboration and contribute to the management of teaching and research quality, audit and other external assessments
- Contribute to research in the Department through either working on a research proposal with a member of academic staff or through contributing to a research project led by an academic member of staff
- Share the Faculty’s ethos whereby staff are committed to translating their research into outstanding teaching and student care
- Provide pastoral care for students
- Assist with admission of future students
- Undertake further administrative roles as required
- Engage in professional development as appropriate
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
1. PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification or work experience in a relevant sector
2. An in-depth understanding of the field of digital economy
3. Experience of the design and/or delivery of online education
4. An excellent understanding of current research and teaching in digital economy and information systems
5. Ability to communicate clearly and convincingly both orally and in writing to a wide range of individuals and groups, including overseas students, academic and professional services colleagues, and our cultural and industry partners
6. A good knowledge of contemporary teaching and learning approaches in higher education and the ability to enthuse students with innovative teaching methods
7. Experience of the development of learning materials and pedagogic innovation in teaching
8. Experience of teaching and student supervision at all levels and for a multi-cultural audience
9. Experience of effective assessment, marking, and provision of feedback for students
10. Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships
11. Excellent organisation skills and ability to work on own initiative
1. Teaching qualification in higher education
2. Experience of online teaching
3. Work experience relevant to the field
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.