JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Licensed Plumber
APHL is a leading Social Purpose Enterprise Management Non-Profit company providing services that identify and address housing opportunities & issues in our Communities. Originally founded in 1972, APHL focused on seniors’ housing. They eventually grew to include services for co-op, non-profit, condominium, and privately owned properties. They offer property management, consultation, and advisory services, and also assist with real estate development.
APHL is currently looking for a result-orientated individual for the position of Journeyman Plumber in their Charlottetown office to assist APHL’s Maintenance Services Division in the timely completion of work orders related to assigned plumbing and heating maintenance and repair activities/tasks. This is a permanent full-time opportunity.
In this position, the journeyman plumber will be responsible for all aspects of the installation, maintenance inspection, operation, and repair of the plumbing & heating systems in residential buildings.
· Preference will be given to candidates who possess a journeyman’s plumber license and have at least 5 years of experience as a licensed plumber and has a high aptitude for plumbing and heating systems in residential buildings.
· Relationship Management
· Critical Thinker, with the ability to work alone
· Ability to manage multiple projects
· Excellent time-management and communication skills
· Valid Drivers License, with a clean insurance/driver abstract
· Must have your own tools. Some tools will be provided.
· Must be able to present a clean Criminal Record Check (CRC) if offered employment as well as a clean vulnerable sector check. This is a condition of employment.
· $32 to $35 per hour, based on experience
· Annual vacation entitlement is 2 weeks or 4% of your gross pay
· Employee Benefits Program including health & dental coverage, group life insurance, and long-term disability. Enrollment in these plans will come into effect six (6) months following the commencement of your work with APHL.
· Enrollment in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan will commence after six (6) months of employment. The cost of the pension is 50/50 between the Employee and the Employer.
· After three (3) months of continuous employment, you will become eligible for a tool allowance of $500 (HST included) and a personal safety/boot allowance of $350 (HST included). These allowances are offered annually.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00-$35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- plumbing: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: On the road
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.