The Animal Medical Center
Emergency & Critical Care Licensed Veterinary Technician
The Animal Medical Center’s Emergency and Critical Care service – the only level 1 trauma center in the NYC area – is seeking Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our dedicated team of emergency practitioners. Ideal candidates will provide exemplary coordinated nursing and technical patient care and strive to continuously improve the overall quality of patient care in the department.
About the Animal Medical Center
A leading animal hospital with a 111-year legacy, we offer specialty, emergency, and primary care to over 55,000 patient visits annually. As a mission-driven non-profit, we provide animals with the gold standard in patient care while emphasizing lifelong learning. We are dedicated to supporting excellence in clinical practice and post-graduate teaching, ensuring rewarding careers and opportunities for growth.
The AMC offers a unique hybrid of academia and clinical practice that creates a collegial environment within the hospital and promotes inter-departmental consultations and cohesive patient care. In addition to our Emergency service, the Animal Medical Center is home to boarded specialists in over 20 services and specialties.
Our hospital is currently undergoing a major expansion and renovation to add 11,000 feet of new clinical and client space while simultaneously renovating 26,000 existing feet to ensure AMC remains at the forefront of veterinary medicine and make way for new and expanded services.
About the Emilia Saint-Amand Krimendahl Institute for Trauma Care at the Animal Medical Center
The Emilia Saint-Amand Krimendahl Institute for Trauma Care at the Animal Medical Center is a state-of-the-art facility to provide compassionate and expert care for pets that need emergency and critical assistance. AMC is a verified veterinary trauma center, fully equipped to manage life-threatening traumatic injuries and staffed by experienced veterinarians and technicians. Our emergency room is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Non-corporate, patient centric practice. As a non-profit, patient care is at the heart of what we do
- Competitive salary
- Sign on bonus for all new hires (Up to $7,500)
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition assistance
- 75% discount on veterinary care
- Continuing education funds with rollover options
- 403b matching fund
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Loan forgiveness as a non-profit hospital
- Mentorship through the VTS process
- Relocation reimbursement for qualified candidates who live outside the NYC metropolitan area
- Free housing for one year for LVTS who make a two year commitment to AMC
- A hospital-wide renovation to launch an expanded, modernized, state-of-the-art teaching hospital that will pave the way for a fulfilling professional experience.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Support veterinarians in all facets of critical patient care, including triage
- Motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Provide anesthesia support as need arises
- Accurately and in a timely manner complete all necessary technical procedures and treatments, with strict adherence to department and hospital protocols
- Be involved in cardiopulmonary arrests and stabilization of critical patients
- Assist and instruct interns and residents during ICU policies and protocols and perform all other related duties as required
- Must have NYS Veterinary Technician’s license
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience as an LVT in critical care environment
- Ability to lift and restrain animals weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships and customer satisfaction with all stakeholders, including department staff, medical staff, support staff, clients and referring veterinarians
- Must be able to work successfully as part of a team
- Must have ability to remain composed in stressful and emergency situations
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients, technicians and vets
- Flexibility and the ability to accommodate shift work in a unit that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Employees of The Animal Medical Center must respect and enjoy companion animals.
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, pet care discounts and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 – $40.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10065: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Veterinary experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.