YMCA of Central Texas
The YMCA of the Highland Lakes in Burnet, TX, is seeking experienced, friendly, high-energy Lifeguards. This position requires a vigilant, safety minded person to maintain a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Must know and be able to perform all skills required for certifications. Applicant must be able to verbally communicate with the public and staff.
- Part-Time and year round position;
- Must attend weekly staff in service trainings as part of the staff team;
- Responsible for finding substitute when needed and reporting substitution(s) to Aquatics Coordinator/Director;
- Build member relations;
- Maintain equipment and keep area clean;
Age: Must be 16 years or older.
Certifications: YMCA or ARC Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (ASHI or ARC), First Aid (ASHI or ARC), and Oxygen Administration (ASHI or ARC). Classes available at local YMCAs.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a minimum of 16 yrs of age
- Lifeguard, CPR/AED, First Aid, and Oxygen certification
- Must demonstrate swimming ability
Applicants will be required to pass reference checks, a criminal history background check, sex offender check, and pre-employment drug screen.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 4 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnet, TX 78611: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.