COOPI is officially registered in Kurdish Region of Iraq and in Federal Iraq and has been active in Iraq since end of 2016 when started implementing a series projects in Education sector in Mosul district with funding from AICS and private donors. In 2019, COOPI started with WASH programming and emergency cash interventions in Salah alddihn governorate. In 2022 COOPI will bring education, child protection, and livelihoods programming in the area, to provide a holistic response to the needs of the most vulnerable returnees and IDPs, especially those living in informal settlements.
This project represents the continuation of COOPI’s programme in country in the Livelihood sector, which is planned to be creating link between humanitarian programming and durable solutions for the returnee population by promoting the socio-economic re-integration of vulnerable youth returnees and IDPs in the communities of origin. Project targets youth people (14-24 years) of Akre in order to increase their employability and participation.
The Project Manager is assigned with the responsibility to guarantee the effective implementation of the project activities: supporting youth in development of business ideas, providing the beneficiaries with technical support through field visits and through the local staff and taking care of the development of the materials needed for the implementation of the activities.
S/He will be responsible for the project activities’ execution, in technical, economic/financial terms, in terms of resources management on field, and in terms of internal and external reporting in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures. S/He ensures the expected results attainment in budget management. S/He ensures the delivery of the activities on-time, on-quality, on-budget.
- In cooperation with the project staff, s/he plans and monitors the activities’ progress, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor and with COOPI and the donor’s procedures;
- In cooperation with the project staff and with the Head of Mission, s/he cooperates in full harmony and efficiency with the partner to guarantee the project implementation;
- S/he prepares monthly reports to the head of mission and regularly organizes project review meetings to identify issues and discuss solutions with relevant staff;
- S/he collaborates with the MEAL team to ensure adequate project monitoring, including through the implementation of the AAP mechanism, and the prompt integration of any findings and recommendations into the project implementation;
- In collaboration with the Head of Mission, s/he contributes at analyzing possible opportunities of project designing/funding.
- S/he elaborates, writes and prepares all necessary documents to present new projects, in accordance with the organization’s processes and procedures, with particular reference to UNICEF;
- He/she cooperates with the Head of Mission for all communication, awareness and fund raising activities implemented in and for the country, also supporting the donor’s visibility.
- S/he regularly meets with the local partner to organize joint programmatic activities.
- S/he consistently monitors partners’ activities to ensure the upholding of the highest quality standards.
- S/he reviews partners technical and financial reports, in collaboration with the project administrator.
- S/he plans and organizes capacity building activities for the local partner.
- In collaboration with the Project Administrator/ Administrative Coordinator s/he plans all expenditures.
- S/he regularly monitors all incurred expenditures on the activities’s budget.
- S/he supervises accounting and the project cash safe/bank account management and, where there was no dedicated staff, s/he directly manages the accounting and the project cash safe/bank accounts, using the instruments made available by the organization (Desy);
- Purchase plan: In cooperation with the Logistic manager s/he prepares the Purchases Plan;
- Procurement: S/he ensures the organization and donor’s procedures respect when purchasing goods and services;
- Goods management: S/he is responsible of the correct management of all goods purchased for the project, both directly and purchased by other offices/field offices. For all goods purchased by the project s/he updates the inventory, in cooperation with the Administrative Coordinator.
- In coordination with the Head of Mission and in compliance with the country’s rules/laws and with the COOPI’s regulation in the country, s/he selects the local staff to be employed in projects, and manages any other project’s expatriate staff;
- S/he coordinates and supervises the work done by all the project staff, in compliance with the organization’s security procedures;
- By making use of the organization’s tools, s/he evaluates the local staff employed for his/her own project, upon request by his/her direct supervisor;
- S/he is responsible for the initial and continuous training of the local staff under his/her responsibility.
- In coordination with the Head of Mission and with the Administrative Coordinator, s/he ensures the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of all financial and narrative reports – interim and final – expected by the project;
- S/he is responsible for the preparation of all formal communication and contract modifications requests (ex. budget modification) of the project to the donor.
- In relation to the project of his/her competence, s/he communicates with the donors’ officers, the local authorities which are competent in the aspects related to the project (Directorate of Youth), the project’s partners and beneficiaries, in compliance with the organization’s guidelines;
- S/he will be a focal point, in coordination with the Head of Mission.;
- S/he represents COOPI in all relevant clusters and working groups, contributing to raise the organization’s profile and keeping the organization abreast on the latest technical guidance and recommendations;
- S/he will report on COOPI activities on Activity info.
Any other task in reasonable agreement with the Head of Mission.
- Advanced degree in Business/Economics, International Development, Education or a related field or equivalent work.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the humanitarian field and in a similar position, with a track record of success and results achieved, including at least 2 years implementing livelihoods programming.
- Experience of working in project management on one or more among the main donors, with priority to UNICEF;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint),
- Ability in project management in a comprehensive way (logistics, programme, reporting, staff management); and to use properly the standard project management tools;
- Ability to conduct sectorial analysis and to understand and transform into possible proposal the policies and strategies of the donors;
- Ability to organize and supervise a complex team;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
Soft skills :
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Institutional relations management and cultural context understanding;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
To apply, interested candidates shall send her/his CV and cover letter by email to [email protected] with the following subject “Livelihood Project manager “.
Due to urgency to fill position, applications will be evaluated on ongoing basis. COOPI holds the right to close the vacancy before the deadline”
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.