About Stanford University
Stanford is one of the world’s leading universities, supported by diverse staff who share a passion for the University’s teaching, learning, research, and clinical care mission. At Stanford, you will find a pervasive culture of excellence, innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. Explore some of the many perks enjoyed by our employees at
About Faculty Staff Housing (FSH)
Although Bay Area housing costs are high, Stanford is committed to providing generous financial support, resources, and services to help recruit and retain top talent. Our office administers Stanford’s housing programs that provide eligible faculty and executive staff with favorable loans, lower cost ownership options, and all Stanford affiliates with convenient rental apartments and homes at reduced rents.
- Home Ownership
- FSH offers assistance to eligible faculty, staff and clinician educators with loans and programs designed to make home ownership more affordable, support to determine how much of a house you can afford, and homes for sale.
- Rental Housing
- Stanford has over 1,800 rental housing apartments and homes in multiple communities within an easy walk, bike ride, or short train ride to campus. These apartments and homes are available to eligible Stanford affiliates at lower rents than what an equivalent home would cost in the regular marketplace.
- Resources for Homeowners
- If you own a home on Stanford land, FSH can advise you if you need to sell your home or make a physical improvement to it.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, the Loan Services Administrator is a key team member in the Loan and Lease Department. Responsibilities include filing and organizing purchase/lease files, monitoring compliance issues around property taxes and insurance, and tracking termite holds and title insurance policies. The Loan Services Administrator will help faciliatate the movement from a paperbased filing system to an electronic system and will help maintain and create ongoing online files.
The Loan Services Administrator must be able to proactively identify and independently handle operational issues of the department, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task. A high level of dependability and organizational skills is required for this position. Strong communication and versatility are necessary to interact with a diverse group of department affiliates.
Manage the filing of loan documents and all related material. Help with the transition from a paper based filing system to an electronic system.
Monitor and track processes for property owners and loan holders such as property tax, termite holds and lease expirations.
Manage Ebix which is a third party insurance tracking system by uploading necessary documentation and monitoring/addressing ongoing compliance.
Enter recording information for loan and lease documents.
Prepare files for data warehouse storage until an electronic filing system is able to be maintained.
Manage the title insurance policies that are required from and sent by the title companies.
* Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work on project teams with others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgement in making decisions.
- Job is intermittently sedentary, but requires mobility (i.e. climb stairs,) to tour properties, regularly.
- Job will require some repetitive motion of hands/wrists in using computer, etc.
- Job may require some light lifting.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standard work week is Monday-Friday
- Hybrid schedule may be considered at Manager’s discretion
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven staff to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.