Mercy Corps - KRI
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse, and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
Program / Department Summary
Since 2003, Mercy Corps has been engaged in Iraq to help Iraqis with the rebuilding of their country and to carry out emergency humanitarian assistance programs. Mercy Corps Iraq operates in all eighteen governorates throughout Iraq. Mercy Corps in Iraq has focused on improving water and sanitation conditions; rebuilding public infrastructure; distributing relief items; providing emergency medical services; expanding awareness of public health and hygiene; improving education; generating income. Mercy Corps focused on transformative community development methods that actively engaged citizens and local governments in the rebuilding of the country. Among these programs Mercy Corps is particularly proud of its initiatives to help members at every part of society gain access to information technology; to encourage the integration of persons with disabilities into education, health, and decision-making structures; to empower women to be full partners with menin community development; provide youth with development opportunities and invest in innovative means of conflict resolution. Operations Department provides key support to the entire country program in procurement, asset management, warehouse management, fleet management and facilities & office management for successful program implementation.
General Position Summary
The Logistics and Tech Officer is responsible for asset management (Country focal point), Vendor Data Administrtaion and asset management.
- Represent operations team as Asset Focal Point for Mercy Corps Iraq.
- Attend all 90 Days Close out meeting for each fund closure to identify deadline for asset reconciliation, this activity will include but not limited to:
- Review Asset register and reconcile with accounting & procurement records to ensure all assets purchased under grant are included.
- Ensure all Assets purchased under the program as a deliverable of a program, are included in the asset registered and have properly approved and signed Disposal of Assets Form as per MC’s Asset Management Manual.
- Develop asset disposition plan (after raised by program manager) in accordance with donor rules and regulations.
- Conduct Grant-End Physical Inventory (in coordination with assets Controllers) and Financial Reconciliation within the final month of the grant agreement period as per Mercy Corps’ Asset Management Manual.
- Status of assets purchased with donor funds is submitted to the donor in an end of grant report, as per donor requirements and MC’s Asset Management Manual.
- Report any asset management flags to the Operations Director.
- Ensure all documents related to MC Assets are collected, filed, and managed appropriately through monthly official follow up with Field Asset Controllers.
- Work with the Operations Director, AOMs, and the Region to ensure adaptation of all Asset related policies and procedures are followed and MCIQ is using the most up to date asset management system.
- Maintain an online system / Master list that is used for Asset management activities (Register, Movement, Disposals and Reporting, etc.). Lead on the adaptation of new and innovative asset management systems, the field activities (Register, Movement, Disposals, etc.). will be under asset controls responsibilities.
- Provide capacity building (Asset controllers based on Request from AOM) and training on Asset management policies and procedures (Quarterly bases in Coordination with Operations Director).
- Oversee the Asset Controllers team and ensure that systems are in place to track asset management activities online scheduling as described in the Asset Management Policy, Memos, and SOPs.
- Support asset Controllers and Operations Directors in any damage or loss report for Mercy Corps assets.
- Must have a clear understanding of all Mercy Corps policies and operation requirements.
- Any additional tasks assigned related to Asset Management for Mercy Corps Iraq.
Vendor Data Administration:
- Support procurement team in data Vendor data administration in Procurement system (ProSource).
- Creating an account and entering Vendor data Remittance information into ProSource include working in coordination with the procurement team to complete Ariba Network registration.
- Manage Tickets raised by procurement team to register Vendors in ProSource during Supplier Invite, Micro Purchasing Vendors and Small and Greater Purchasing Vendors.
- Any additional tasks assigned related to Vendor Data Admin of ProSource for Mercy Corps Iraq (in coordination with the Procurement team).
Reports Directly To: Operations Director
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Relevant university degree or equivalent.
- +5 years of experience in Logistics, Admin, Asset, Fleet Management, and warehousing
- Experience in working on technologies or online systems will be an advantage.
- Technological or online system design experience will be an advantage.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational skills
- Very Good computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members and a proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Working experience with humanitarian organizations will be considered as an add.
The successful Operations Officer will assist facilities & office management tasks and logistics (i.e., asset, fleet and warehousing) tasks in delivering successful programs while demonstrating excellent stewardship of donor funds and compliance with Mercy Corps and donor regulations. They will maintain strong cooperative relationships with other departments and interact effectively with international and national personnel both in a managerial and training capacity while demonstrating the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities. The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a solid commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
The position is based in Erbil, and it requires travel to support country programs if needed which may include travel to insecure locations where freedom of movement is limited and areas where amenities are limited.
How To Apply
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the Accountability deputy Manager.
S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow
Mercy Corps procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs to the email address [email protected] before the deadline indicated below.
Please indicate on the subject of the email the title of the position you are applying for, for full position description for the noted posts, please visit websites NCCI and F-Job.
ALL APPLICATIONS/ CVS SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY February 8th 2023 at 4.00 pm.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply for this position, Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global Impact.
Potential candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Mercy Corps Human Resources policies and procedures. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for potential interviews.
Any documents submitted will remain with Mercy Corps and will not be returned to candidates.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.