World Health Organization
The Strategic Objective is to provide efficient and effective support to WHO Core functions at country level with a particular focus on the Organization’s directing and coordinating role for international health as expressed in the Constitution. The objective of the programme is to manage financial, human, and administrative resources in an efficient, effective, results-oriented and transparent manner for carrying out its mission of promoting health, keeping the world safe and serving the vulnerable.
Description Of Duties:
Under the guidance of WHO Representative and the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Maintain daily logbook, deliver important documents to designated addresses but not limited to the Ministry of Health, Health Campaigns and other Medical Institutes such as Universities and Medical Colleges etc.
- Coordinate clearances of various shipments/airway consignments and prepare necessary documents to obtain necessary approvals from the relevant authorities such as Customs, Medical Supplies Division, National regulatory Authority, etc., coordinate with clearing agents.
- Tracking and follow-up shipping documents received from WHO shipping agents/GSC shipping and DHL/Airlines received for green light approvals, and maintain a monitoring mechanism for tracking same.
- Assist with protocol matters with Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Department of Immigration and Emigration in terms of processing Residence Visas, MOFA Cards, renewal of vehicle licenses and insurance for all WCO vehicles, VIP Lounge and Entry/Landing Visas for short-term staff and meeting participants, etc.
- Assist in processing of invoices for payment from suppliers by attaching all relevant documents and uploading the same to ECM, and submit to Global Service Centre for payment, preparing routine procurement documents.
- To assist in the bid invitation, prepare comparative statements and Work Orders for low value procurement, maintain monitoring sheet, create Purchase Orders in GSM, send POs to suppliers and maintain necessary follow-ups for acknowledgement.
- Assist day to day office operations such as filing procurement documents, scanning and photocopying of documents, binding and laminating and filling in papers to photocopiers.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of secondary school education.
- Desirable: Training/certificate in procurement or logistics is desirable.
- Essential: At least three (3) years’ experience in clerical/administrative work.
- Desirable: Experience in procurement or logistics is desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices; the incumbent keeps abreast of changes in WHO procedures and practices, rules and regulations, Ability to draft routine correspondence concisely and clearly. Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required. Knowledge of principles of procurement and information technology for extracting quick and correct information from Organization’s database.
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of local language (Sinhalese/Tamil).
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
International Consultant: Education and Adolescent Development Consultant, Kampala, Uganda, (6 Months)United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN)Kampala, UgandaKampala, Uganda
Review of Regional Interagency Coordination Mechanisms in response to mixed movements in the LAC regionInternational Organization for MigrationInternational Organization for MigrationInternational Organization for Migration
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) OfficerInternational Labour OrganizationCairo, EgyptCairo, Egypt
International Consultancy : Social Research SSc Component Consultant (134 Days), Regional Office for South Asia, Kathmandu, NepalUnited Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)Kathmandu, NepalKathmandu, Nepal