HEKS/EPER pursues the vision of a just world where the dignity of everyone is respected, peace reigns and the natural environment is conserved. In the framework of the 2030 Agenda, we work in the four thematic priority areas of “Climate justice”, “Right to land and food”, “Flight and migration”, and “Inclusion”. HEKS/EPER also provides humanitarian aid for people affected by natural disasters and armed conflicts. The goal is to induce change at the social, economic and political levels. HEKS/EPER helps improve the living conditions of people in Switzerland and around the world, claims their rights, and to this end, mobilizes and raises awareness on the part of society, policy-makers, business and churches.
This position is expected to support to the overall emergency response organized by HEKS/EPER in support of the Gaza Humanitarian crisis. HEKS/EPER is planning to procure materials to cover the basic needs of Gaza citizens.
This role will lead or manage the set up or scale up of all emergency response logistics functions and responsibilities. This role will support the Senior Emergency Response Coordinator and other members of the senior management team on the best use of HEKS/EPER’s resources and will usually work at a country level. The role will include logistics support to large and/or complex programmes and will include administrative support by ensuring the Egyptian law. As such, the role may include remote management, close work with local partners, and entire responsibilities of all logistics aspects.
We are looking with immediate effect or by arrangement for an experienced
Logistics Manager, based in CairoYour main responsibilities:
- Management of all programme logistics; develop/implement the country logistics policies and procedures for the management of the supply chain, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, and for the management of vehicle fleets, communication systems, and assets
- Ensure that HEKS/EPER minimum standards of logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered to throughout the programme, briefing and supporting relevant staff as required
- Manage and support logistics oPt staff including ensuring appropriate team structures, clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, and management of performance
- Ensure that the supply chain is appropriate and cost effective, based on budget, markets, infrastructure, nature of the HEKS/EPER programmes, and need for timely delivery
- Provide advice and support to senior management on logistics issues, and collaborate with staff on budgets, technical aspects of the programme, and implementation mechanisms as required
- Where delegated, be responsible for security management in line with HEKS/EPER guidelines and procedures
- Be responsible for developing and implementing emergency preparedness strategies across the logistics aspects of the operation
- Provide logistics training and capacity building as required across the programme
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant HEKS/EPER policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Upholding good relationships with all of HEKS/EPER’s partner organisations and stakeholders
- Supporting the partner organisations with all their questions regarding logistics management. Providing ongoing technical assistance to the POs in the development of effective and reliable logistics management systems
To be successful you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in supply chain, procurement, business administration, management, commerce or related field
- At least ten years of experience as a procurement specialist preferably in an I/NGO environment, including experience in directing and implementing programs in both emergency and development contexts
- Strong knowledge of the Egyptian market and a proven record in managing emergency procurement
- Analytical capability in identifying and resolving procurement issues
- Proven capability to provide support, guidance and training to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and be innovative, set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- Highly developed relationship building, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Fluency in written and spoken both English and Arabic
- Ability to work in complex environments and to ensure that deadlines are met by internal and external stakeholders (good prioritisation and time management skills)
- Ability to ensure that internal and external stakeholders understand and duly follow HEKS/EPER’s procedures and guidelines
- Excellent IT and computer skills
- Diligent and trustworthy person with appropriate attention to details.
- Excellent team player and social capabilities
- Good knowledge of relevant local laws and obligations (labour, tax, social security, etc.).
- Available for frequent local and international travel
- Professional, cooperative, efficient and effective working attitude
What you can expect from us:
- A consultant position with duty station in Cairo
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world
- An interesting and challenging position
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Would you like to join the HEKS/EPER team? We are looking forward to your complete application in English (CV, Cover letter and certificates) exclusively via our online portal.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.