Supports activities related to the procurement of materials, parts and equipment for the company. Submits and process es purchase orders as authorized following policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities. Assists with monitoring departmental costs, schedules and performance to ensure approval and payment of transactions completion. Coordinates purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
- Prepares, maintains, and reviews purchasing files, reports and price lists for department.
- Assists with developing bid specifications.
- Reviews requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
- Contacts suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.
- Approves bills for payment and calculates costs of orders and forwards invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Maintains policies and procedures of organizational and government regulations affecting purchases and shares information with management, staff members and vendors.
- Checks shipments to ensure orders are filled correctly and goods meet specifications.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among suppliers.
- Maintains documentation of purchase orders and verifies invoices for payment with accounting.
- Assists with developing and revising procurement operating procedures and policies.
- Interacts with internal and external customers to ensure purchasing activities within functional areas are met and comply with government regulations and company procedures.
- Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers, and schedules deliveries.
- Supervises preparation of orders and follows up to expedite delivery and shipment.
- Obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against orders. Checks and approves invoices for orders placed.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of standards and functions and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of procurement activities.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures regarding procurement services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and computer software skills.
- Good problem solving skills, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems that are diverse in scope and require evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives instructions on new assignments.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
- High School / GED Diploma or international equivalent
- Typically requires 3-5 years of procurement and administrative support experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.