North York Moors National Park Authority
We are now seeking a Maintenance Ranger to join our team on a part-time job share (Thursday
& Friday), permanent basis.
- Salary of £10,183 – £11,271 per annum with potential progression to £12,715 (15 hours per
- 25 days’ annual leave rising annually by one day to 30 days after five years’ service, plus
public holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
If you have land management and practical estate experience and are passionate about areas of
breathtaking natural beauty, this is a terrific opportunity to join our prestigious
You’ll be using your expertise to maintain vital public rights of way and access areas, so that
the public can continue to utilise and enjoy the North York Moors.
So, if you want to spend your day to day surrounded by lush greenery, stunning vistas and one
of a kind wildlife, this is your chance! Apply today.
As a Maintenance Ranger, you will develop and deliver a programme of maintenance and
enhancements for public rights of way (PROW) and access areas across the National Park. Helping
to train, motivate and manage a dedicated team of volunteers, you will assist with the delivery
of PROW maintenance and other work programmes.
You will also develop and maintain good working relationships with landowners and managers,
local communities and user groups.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop the team’s expertise in approaches to maintenance and restoration
- Ensure the availability of materials, equipment and other resources
- Ensure work is carried out following our values, health and safety and equalities policies
To be considered as a Maintenance Ranger, you will need:
- Experience carrying out a range of practical land management tasks
- Practical estate experience in a wide range of areas
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Proficiency in IT
- To be certified in the use of powered tools and equipment, ideally including chainsaws and
- A positive attitude to working with volunteers
- A full, valid driving licence
Applications must be completed by midnight on Thursday 23 November 2023
Interviews are to be held on Friday 8 December 2023
Other organisations may call this role Rights of Way Officer, National Park Ranger, Maintenance
Co-ordinator, Ranger, Countryside Maintenance Ranger, or Land Maintenance Ranger.
Webrecruit and North York Moors National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers,
value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all
employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to
conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our
work will be.
So, if you want to play a vital role in helping a historic area of beauty as a Maintenance
Ranger, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The
services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.