Welch LLP is currently looking for a Manager, Audit and Assurance to assist in managing jobs and client portfolios in coordination with the engagement partners. This involves leading the engagements of reviews and audits in their entirety, including corporate taxes. You will be provided with the opportunity to manage the accounting jobs for a wide variety of clients as well as a team of staff in a fast-paced and fun environment. You will also have the opportunity to support advisory assignments. We are open to working remotely, as job commitments allow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage accounting, audit and tax services needs of our clients
- Manage the engagement process from initial scheduling and planning through to finalization
- Support of personal and corporate tax filing for many of these clients
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business in order to serve as a trusted business advisor
- Mentor staff, including review of engagement files to ensure the firm’s standard of quality and accuracy is met
- Participate in the training of staff and where possible, ensure that staff concentrates efforts in areas that can enhance their effectiveness on the job and their professional development
- Attendance at client meetings as required
- CPA, CA designation
- A minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience is required
- A passion for client service with a proven track record of supporting client’s adherence to reporting timelines
- Strong technical background in accounting and assurance principles
- Experience with Caseware, Profile, or other comparable audit, accounting and tax software
- Demonstrates initiative, willingness and ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure, be decisive, exercise good judgment and common sense
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Ability to develop and nurture strong relationships with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to other Welch or client offices in the Quinte region as required
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and most recent transcript with subject line “Manager, Audit and Assurance – Belleville.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
For more information on Belleville and the surrounding area visit:
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belleville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.