University of Tasmania
Apply now Job no:499372
Work type:Full time
Location:Hobart, Launceston, Statewide (all locations in Tasmania)
Categories:Management, Legal & Compliance
Manager, Internal Audit
- Highly developed organisational skills ability to manage a range of competing and complex priorities
- Flexible work arrangements considered – Part time, WFH
- Full time, 18 month fixed-term role based in Hobart or Launceston
About the opportunity
The University of Tasmania is committed to managing risks associated with its institutional objectives and values in the delivery of learning and teaching, research, community engagement and commercial activities.
The University of Tasmania Council delegates a range of activities to the Audit & Risk Committee including oversight of the internal audit activities.
The role of Manager Internal Audit is located within Legal & Risk, which is part of the Student Services and Operations Division. The Manager oversees a co-sourced internal audit model and position drives delivery utilising both internal and external skills and expertise. Attendance at out-of-hours meetings and travel to other campuses and regional centres in Tasmania may be required and occasional interstate travel may be expected.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, coordinate, and continuously improve the delivery of an approved internal audit plan, comprised of internal and externally contracted resources.
- Implement the University’s internal audit framework ensuring it is robust, contemporary and positively support the University’s overarching governance framework.
- Ensure that key policies, procedures and guidance material attributed to the Internal Audit function (internal audit and fraud and corruption) are current, relevant and implemented.
- Support the Director Risk to drive a university-wide communications plan to educate, train and raise awareness within the University community.
- Establish and maintain a constructive relationship with the Tasmanian Audit Office in respect of identified financial and non-financial issues impacting the University.
What we’re looking for:
- A combination of tertiary qualifications and experience within a relevant field.
- Membership of a relevant professional body or working towards.
- Demonstrated success in an assurance role in a large and complex entity and understanding of contemporary practice in internal audit including knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes and standards.
- High level interpersonal skills, encompassing written and oral elements, including the ability to prepare and deliver reports of a professional standard.
- Proven experience of high-level analytical thinking and problem solving, including the ability to analyse evidence and provide independent advice.
- High-level organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage a range of complex competing priorities and deadlines.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 10 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $154,061 comprising base salary of $129,730 to $131,676 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Jillian Ribbons, Director Risk on [email protected] or 03 62265562.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
- Please refer to the attached Position Description Below for full details.
Position Description – 499372 – Manager, Internal Audit.pdf
Applications close Wednesday, 22 November 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised:07 Nov 2023 Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close:22 Nov 2023 Tasmania Daylight Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.