Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance
The Manager, Communications – Media, works closely with Gavi’s media, content and advocacy teams to develop and implement engaging media and communication strategies in order to increase the profile of Gavi’s work across donor markets and implementing countries. The candidate will be an integral part of the strategic communications and media relations cluster, and in addition to specific media relations work will also coordinate broader communications campaigns around a portfolio of vaccines and topics.
Media engagement :
- Handle reactive media requests; develop and maintain excellent contacts with key media outlets in key media markets;
- Pitch stories and interviews with Gavi’s leadership to high-profile media outlets in donor markets and Gavi implementing countries;
- Write and produce media materials including press releases, op-eds, Q and As, briefs, and stories or blogs for publication on Gavi’s digital platforms;
- Provide comprehensive media support at Gavi events in donor and implementing countries, including but not limited to press briefings, media visits and others.
Strategic communications and project management:
- Lead communications on a number of thematic portfolio items (vaccines, topics etc.) – including liaising with relevant Gavi teams to keep up-to-date on latest information, milestones and risks, developing communications strategies, coordinate implementation, and review related content;
- Collaborate with advocacy colleagues on regional- and country-level communications initiatives;
- Work with social media and content colleagues to develop broader communications packages around media moments;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of overall communications and media engagement strategies;
- Support any other Gavi media and communications workstreams as necessary.
Work Experience :
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in media and communications, journalism or public relations;
- Experience working with journalists is essential;
- Excellent networking skills and writing skills are necessary;
- Excellent knowledge of global health and development issues is highly preferred;
- Previous journalism, communications and/or public relations experience in both Gavi donor and implementing-countries is highly preferred;
- Experience in managing consultants and PR companies is an asset;
- Experience in working with government officials and CSO partners in donor and developing countries is an asset.
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Fluency in French or another language is a plus.
Recommend your friend
Work Experience :
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Chef de PartiePlatinum Recruitment ConsultancyDarlington, County DurhamDarlington, County Durham
Transform Precision Forms AnalystNormaMaintal, HessenMaintal, Hessen
Senior Solutions Design ManagerGXO LogisticsNorthamptonNorthampton
Programme Assistant, (GS-5), Tegucigalpa, Honduras, #110060, Fixed TermUNICEF GlobalHondurasHonduras