Join the Domestic Student Recruitment team to develop and manage market insights and product analysis to provide strategic guidance and direction to Future Students in Macquarie University.
• From $115,030 to $127,995 (HEW Level 8), plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading.
• Full time continuing role. Based at Wallumattagal campus, North Ryde.
• High performing team. Hybrid working arrangement.
The Domestic Student Recruitment team within our Future Students Office is seeking an experienced Market Insights and Product Specialist to develop and manage market insights and product analysis to provide strategic guidance and direction to Future Students to grow the undergraduate, pathway, postgraduate and post-experience student enrolments.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Domestic Future Students, this role will:
- Partner with the recruitment teams in Future Students and Faculties to inform and influence development of product selling points, domestic student recruitment initiatives, programs and events.
- Extract and analyse qualitative and quantitative data to develop insights and understand how recruitment activities drive student applications and enrolments.
- Develop and deliver regular and ad-hoc market insights, reports (including reaccreditation reports), product reviews and competitor analysis to identify growth opportunities and product enhancements.
- Partner with key stakeholders on the development and delivery of product reviews, new products and business plans and drive product innovation for growth across domestic and international markets.
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence and Reporting team to provide insights and recommendations on opportunities within different market segments.
- Identify and collate data from multiple sources (internal and external data) to generate insights and analysis, ensuring data quality and integrity.
- Provide expert advice and inputs into market research undertaken by stakeholders across the University.
- Develop and maintain shared knowledge resource.
You have experience in extracting, transforming, and relating data from various data sources to provide insights, analysis and reports, and providing recommendations for business growth.
You’re analytical with the ability to extract insights from data to present actionable information and inform decision making. Equally important, are your strong communications skills and ability to build and manage relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to influence to achieve outcomes.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 60 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we have grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today .
We rank amongst the top employers in the Australian Workplace Employers Index, having recently earned a five-star rating in the QS World Rankings with the highest rating for employability. Take a look at the staff benefits on offer.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet the selection criteria below:
- Degree in or equivalent experience in business, sales/marketing or related discipline.
- Knowledge of core marketing and recruitment functions, frameworks, models and approaches.
- Understanding of the tertiary education sector, preferably in relation to student recruitment.
- Demonstrated skill in extracting, transforming, and relating data from various data sources to provide insights, analysis and reports, and providing recommendations for business growth.
- Experience in conducting competitive market research and analysis and applying analytical and conceptual skills to understand and monitor business objectives and inform strategic decisions in a commercial or higher education setting.
- Experience in product development and product lifecycle management.
* This position requires a criminal record check.
Role-specific Enquiries: Maria Souris, Executive Director, Domestic Future Students via [email protected]
General Enquiries: Rainki Kan, HR Administrator via [email protected]
Applications Close: Thursday, 23 November 2023 at 11:59pm (AEST)
If you’re already part of the Macquarie Group (MQ University, U@MQ, MQ Health, MGSM), you’ll need to apply through your employee Workday account. To apply for this job: Login to Workday and go to the Careers App > Find Jobs.
23/11/2023 11:59 PM
Diversity and Inclusion
Innovation and ingenuity thrive at Macquarie University when diversity, equity and inclusion take centre stage. At the University, we embrace a culture where diversity of background, experience and perspective are fundamental to our success.
We do not discriminate on gender identity, age, culture, disability, sexuality, Indigeneity, family and caring responsibilities or religion. See our journey towards leadership in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education.
At Macquarie, we believe by providing flexibility in when, where and how work is done, we can support our staff to manage their personal commitments, while optimising their work performance and contributions to the University. See how we lead in flexible work to enable an outcome focused and inclusive workplace. To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.